Do people really pay £250 for a K1000 & 50mm f/2

Benz3ne

Link Posted 28/01/2020 - 10:45
womble wrote:
Despite my addiction to K-series things, I've never wanted a K1000. Give me a KM, KX or K2 any day. Now, seeing the prices, I'm glad I still don't want one...

Funnily enough, I have got to the stage where there aren't really any 35mm Pentax bodies I especially want. I'd love to get my Pentax K functional again, and sometimes I wonder about trying an MZ-S, but other than that I have an embarrassment of riches. The LX and MX see most use, the ES and ESII see good use, the Spottie, the K2DMD... There are some bodies I've never used such as the MV-1. (I went through a phase of getting all the M-series bodies.) I've even got an Auto 110...

The one Pentax film camera I would love to try is a 67 (or 6x7, or 67II). There is a US company which rents them, so I'm thinking of hiring a set-up next time I am over there.

Cheers, Kris.

Pretty sure I saw a K-2 on eBay for around £75 body only earlier today. Not sure how that stacks up against average prices though!

womble

Link Posted 28/01/2020 - 11:32
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I'm with you on the 6x7/67. There's a place over her in Madrid that rents a package - body and three lenses - for €28 a day, which doesn't sound too bad to me. The only problem would be finding a day on which I could spend the entire time out with that monster and make good use of it.

The US company rents for a week at a time so I was thinking of getting one for my annual US road trip from Columbus, Ohio to Somewheresville USA, I think it is Iowa this year. Kodak Professional have been posting warnings that US airports are installing CT scanners for hold baggage which severely fogs film, and not just the fast stuff... I usually order my film from B&H and get it delivered to my friend in Columbus. I might have to get it developed over there too next time.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

johnha

Link Posted 29/01/2020 - 18:54
Jonathan-Mac wrote:

I'm with you on the 6x7/67. There's a place over her ein Madrid that rents a package - body and three lenses - for €28 a day, which doesn't sound too bad to me. The only problem would be finding a day on which I could spend the entire time out with that monster and make good use of it.

Sounds a good deal - however it's likely to end up very expensive in the long run... it's a Pentax, once you've handled them, they're hard to give back.
PPG Flickr

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 30/01/2020 - 08:35
But a reasonable price to be able to spend the day with a MF behemoth and find out if you like it.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

johnha

Link Posted 10/02/2020 - 15:59
Back to the original subject, a quick check of SRSs used stock shows it missing, presumably sold...
PPG Flickr

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 09:28
johnha wrote:
Back to the original subject, a quick check of SRSs used stock shows it missing, presumably sold...

It sold within 4 days....
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

smc

Link Posted 26/02/2020 - 08:22
Time to get the KM, K2 and KX out..
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.