Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Discussion thread Weekly Comp #140 A trick of the eye

Dr. Mhuni
Posted 15/03/2010 - 11:05 Link
Looking at your photo after I'd chosen it I belatedly twigged that you must have PP-ed this, John. I noticed the illuminated part of the boat was wrong (unless it actually was from a light on the boat). It also explains what I was a bit perplexed by when I was considering it originally - that the figures around the boat didn't look very compressed. Out of interest, what focal lengths did you use for the two shots?

Anyway, kudos on a great PP job!
Mhuni

500px
Edited by Dr. Mhuni: 15/03/2010 - 11:06
Darkmunk
Posted 15/03/2010 - 11:25 Link
Blumin' Swizz! ha ha.
I normally spot this sort of thing right away.
Here's a real one, that I almost entered
Comment Image
johnriley
Posted 15/03/2010 - 11:28 Link
Dr. Mhuni wrote:
Looking at your photo after I'd chosen it I belatedly twigged that you must have PP-ed this, John. I noticed the illuminated part of the boat was wrong (unless it actually was from a light on the boat). It also explains what I was a bit perplexed by when I was considering it originally - that the figures around the boat didn't look very compressed. Out of interest, what focal lengths did you use for the two shots?

Anyway, kudos on a great PP job!

It was shot at 300mm from the same spot, just turning slightly for the two shots. There was an access problem getting the sun behind the ship, so I put together what it should have looked like, so to speak.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.