Discussion for Monthly Competition #36 - Geometry All Around Us

GlynM

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 19:07
Some what disappointing I think 5 out of the current 15 entries appear not to have been shot this month!

Another entry has magically been shot in future .

Glyn

JAK

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 19:44
The Competition Details page doesn't point out that shots have to be taken this month, just that the usual rules apply. I suppose some may get confused between the rules for the monthly/weekly comps. Perhaps it might help if there were dedicated pages with the rules for each comp that the judges could link to, or at least cut and paste what they are. JR used to trawl through and point out ineligible entries which may have drawn attention to the rules for others.

It's clever uploading picture taken in the future. I'd like to know the secret of time travel too.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 23/06/2015 - 19:45

johnriley

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 19:47
JR still does, and you've prompted me to do one of my periodic checks. The out of date entries have been removed, with the exception of the one taken in the future. Clearly the camera settings are wrong!

There are rules at the top of this section that can be linked to.

Last month there were no out of date entries, but this month we seem to have slid into the abyss!
Best regards, John

JAK

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 19:56
johnriley wrote:
Last month there were no out of date entries, but this month we seem to have slid into the abyss!

Actually there still is one showing for the May comp that was taken in April (according to the image's exif, but its date was modified to 1 May on the upload web page!.) The instructions for that comp did point out the May 2015 requirement (and that images had to be square though not all complied with that!)
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 23/06/2015 - 19:59

johnriley

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 21:06
The square images were the only ones that were judged.
Best regards, John

GlynM

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 21:41
johnriley wrote:
JR still does, and you've prompted me to do one of my periodic checks. The out of date entries have been removed, with the exception of the one taken in the future. Clearly the camera settings are wrong!

Thanks John.

Glyn

JAK

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 22:06
johnriley wrote:
The square images were the only ones that were judged.

Yes, it goes to show how the comp requirements are not always read or appreciated.
John K
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.