Discussion: Weekly Competition 20 "My Day"

niblue

Link Posted 20/11/2007 - 17:35
Interesting topic this one but I was just about to post a shot there before realising it'd be almost meaningless without an explanation of why!

ChrisA

Link Posted 20/11/2007 - 19:01
niblue wrote:
Interesting topic this one but I was just about to post a shot there before realising it'd be almost meaningless without an explanation of why!

That occurred to me too. It might raise the bar a bit too high, since the theme is so general, but I'd certainly like to see entries where the connection to the theme was in the photograph, rather than having a photo that could fit almost any theme, with a sentence at the top saying why it's relevant.

Not sure a picture of me in my extremely untidy office would make a particularly good picture, so I probably won't be entering.

niblue

Link Posted 20/11/2007 - 21:35
That was sort of my thought as well - posting something from my office would be obvious but uninteresting but almost anything else would require a description.

Lilly

Link Posted 21/11/2007 - 12:41
Oh Dear you all seem to have gone very quiet with my theme this week, I seem to have thrown you.

When I said MY DAY I thought it would present you with plenty of scope, my "loose parameters" would include literally anything you are involved with during your day:

not necessarily self portrait or even people
could be an event during your day
ones dog walking in the park
going to the pub
shopping
meal times etc. etc.

just something that sums up your day

I thought it would be an interesting gallery of images portraying our day to day lives.

Sorry you do not see it that way...I perhaps should have chosen a more conventional specific theme.
website
BLOG
FLICKR

Pentax: K20D; FA50mm 1.4; FA135mm 2.8; FA 17-28mm; FA 80-320mm; AF360FGZ
Sigma: 30mm F1.4EXDC; 10-20mmEXDC ..... LENSBABY 'Composer' ,

ChrisA

Link Posted 21/11/2007 - 12:47
Lilly wrote:
just something that sums up your day

It's the 'just' though.

One image to sum up one's day is actually exceedingly difficult, I think.

I've had an idea, but for it to be anything but dull, dull, dull, it's going to need some careful setting up and lighting, so it'll probably take me nearly to the end of the week to work out how to do it, if I'm even capable of it at all.

lenscape

Link Posted 21/11/2007 - 13:34
Lilly wrote:
...I perhaps should have chosen a more conventional specific theme.

I really wouldn't worry about it. This will identify those with an imagination as well as those who can spot a good image.

I'm off to get my bike from having a service. Who knows what photo opportunities may arise...
lenscape
K20D, K10D, K-m, MZ3, Metz 58-AF1, Optio MX4 & Linux.(No Windows)
(Gone: *istD, ME Super, Super-A)

niblue

Link Posted 21/11/2007 - 15:00
lenscape wrote:
Lilly wrote:
...I perhaps should have chosen a more conventional specific theme.

I really wouldn't worry about it. This will identify those with an imagination as well as those who can spot a good image.

That's me stuffed then...

Galoot

Link Posted 21/11/2007 - 16:04
I might win this one if no one else posts !!!

I hope not, the picture is dreadful it was intended to lighten
the atmosphere after the Monochrome debate,

johnriley

Link Posted 21/11/2007 - 17:11
Following Galoot's fine example, I have continued the theme. Seems we have a theme within a theme for this week - so far anyway!

Best regards, John

gartmore

Link Posted 21/11/2007 - 17:36
GlynM, at first I thought your picture showed a lunatic asylum then I noticed the BBC flag and realised it really was a lunatic asylum

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

GlynM

Link Posted 21/11/2007 - 17:55
Ken, It definitely is an asylum populated by lunatics and I am one of them. Unfortunately us lunatics are all a bit sad because the BBC will vacate this site in around a years time having been here since 1948.

My picture was an attempt to reproduce a postcard of this place from some 70 years ago:

Glyn

hefty1

Link Posted 25/11/2007 - 00:15
I've had several attempts at taking a shot for this week's compo and they're all uniformly rubbish. I am really stuck on this one...
Joining the Q

dirk1000

Link Posted 25/11/2007 - 02:25
My son Federico and his colleagues at University Graduation.

I may post my entry here (out of competition of course) because I will be out for 10 days.

I just didn´t lose Lilly´s party.

Best regards.

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/11/2007 - 12:08
Congratulations Clarky and Mrs Clarky on your silver wedding!

Clarky

Link Posted 25/11/2007 - 16:41
Gwyn wrote:
Congratulations Clarky and Mrs Clarky on your silver wedding!

Thankyou very much Gwyn We booked a whale watch cruise off the coast of Sydney. But unfortunatley the whales didn't co-operate and we didn't see any I was hoping to post a nice whale pic for this weeks comp. So the harbour shot was my last resort.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.