Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Discussion : Weekly Competition No. 12 - "Hard and Soft"

George Lazarette
Posted 29/09/2007 - 19:29 Link
Lilly wrote:
Can someone remind when closing time is for comp., I have been rather busy of late and brain is somewhat addled I hope to put in my two penny worth eventually, its going to be a specially constructed job so need to ken how long I have?

Officially, midnight Sunday (UK time). Unofficially, any time before Prieni posts a message to say the comp is closed. Some judges don't do that until breakfast time on Monday.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Prieni
Posted 30/09/2007 - 11:31 Link
George Lazarette wrote:

Officially, midnight Sunday (UK time). Unofficially, any time before Prieni posts a message to say the comp is closed. Some judges don't do that until breakfast time on Monday.

G

I might have a late breakfast tomorrow as I had to take some left over leave from 2006
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
johnriley
Posted 30/09/2007 - 13:09 Link
Sunday at Midnight is the time.

The witching hour and also the closing time for our competitions, unless otherwise stated if things get delayed.
Best regards, John
Daniel Bridge
Posted 30/09/2007 - 20:46 Link
Galoot, nice pic, it's eggcellent!

Pschlute, nice pic, but I think it could do with some sharpening.

Jb, nice pic, but I think it looks a bit flat.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Galoot
Posted 30/09/2007 - 21:14 Link
Thanks Dan, I did shoot another egg one I liked, but this one got the nod. Maybe post the other one after the competition closes.

Eggstatic
pschlute
Posted 30/09/2007 - 21:44 Link
Thanks Dan. I couldn't decide what to post. Eventually settled on this....you have to draw the line sometime !!!
AdamP
Posted 01/10/2007 - 09:27 Link
Congrats Galoot - I was hoping to enter a similar submission but with one thing and another I never got round to it.

All being well I'll get something submitted for this next week.
If it moves shoot it .... if it doesn't, shoot it till it does.
Nimitz
Posted 01/10/2007 - 09:35 Link
Excellent shoot Galoot. Loved it. Well done.

Very good judging this week
justgetoutandride
Posted 01/10/2007 - 10:23 Link
Daniel Bridge wrote:
Are the other two sides of the triangular tank curved? If not, try shooting through these if you can.

Dan

No Dan, the other sides are flat glass, unfortunately it's in the corner and covered in black backing paper.

I dont have any other lights apart from my mtb night lights, I'll have a go with these sometime to see if that can help.

Thanks again for the advice.
Please call me aj,

I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)

http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
pschlute
Posted 01/10/2007 - 10:37 Link
Congratulations to the winners.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.