Dew drops on the lawn

davidwozhere

Link Posted 04/04/2019 - 01:08
These don't attempt to meet Lennybloke's standards since it's an inferior lens - (if you can call the A series 50mm f2.8 macro 'inferior').
The droplets here were really tiny, less than 2mm as can be seen from the size of the blades of grass, so I put a 21mm Jessop's extension
tube, with 'A' contacts, in front of the lens to bring it up to at least 1:1. They were all shot hand held with manual focus at f2.8 bar the
last one, which was at f5.

1. With lots of bokeh.

4. With a cross screen filter.

5. Sneaking up from behind.

The neighbours must have thought me nuts lying flat out on a wet lawn but there's no flip screen with a K5.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

derek897

Link Posted 04/04/2019 - 09:05
Very nice indeed.
Theres something satisfying in shooting these, for me anyway.
Fair play to you for getting down and wet to get these, well worth the wet front.
Good shooting
I know what i like, If not always why.

MrB

Link Posted 04/04/2019 - 13:34
Yes, it's a good series.

Philip

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/04/2019 - 10:59
Nothing inferior about that lens David - comes from the same era as the A*200/4.0 & A100/2.8 and has the same build and optical quality.

Really nice set, with no.3 being my favourite!
And as Derek says, well worth a wetting

p.s. the flip screen really is an advantage in a situation like this
LennyBloke

Sry

Link Posted 05/04/2019 - 12:14
Lovely set. The strong lines in #4 certainly make a statement, echoing the softer ones in #2; and #1 has a gentle flowing movement to it which is very pleasing.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 06/04/2019 - 01:17
Odd, I suppose, but I have become so used to using the K5 for macro work that I just grab it even though it sits on the desk right next to a K1 - with a flip screen! I had to change the lens too because the K5 normally has a Tamron A03 28-200 on the front (that's such a nice lens I have two of them).

Thank you all for your comments - it was worth the wetting.

Nigelk

Link Posted 06/04/2019 - 08:55
All very lovely, I particularly like Nos.1 and 4. Cross screen filter, I'll look that up, liking the effect.

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 06/04/2019 - 08:59
Very nice David... really clean and uncluttered set... strong focussed compositions all round... 3 and 4 for me... very nice “discovered” feel to 3... like Nigel, haven’t come across a cross screen filter before... starburst kind of a thing?

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook
Last Edited by thingsthatihaveseen on 06/04/2019 - 08:59

davidwozhere

Link Posted 07/04/2019 - 00:59
It's a plain glass disc with two sets of closely spaced, parallel engraved lines scored across it, one set at 90 degrees to the other. This one was made/ badged by Hoya. I suppose it could be called a starburst. I have two by different makers, both engraved "CS".

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.