Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Design Icons of the 20th & 21st Centuries

Dangermouse
Posted 29/05/2010 - 21:08 Link
Pentax K1000 (I know there are nicer to use manual cameras, but the K1000 outlived most of them).

English Electric "Deltic" diesel loco

SRN-4 Hovercraft
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
mowog
Posted 29/05/2010 - 21:11 Link
Mr. Riley is a talented and resourceful man, but I don't think even he could find a Soviet T34 tank, an AK47 assault rifle, or a bleedin' Faberge egg, to photograph! .

On second thoughts... I live in quite a rough bit of London, so I think I could probably get hold of an AK47 around here, for a few quid, should he need one!
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.
Dangermouse
Posted 29/05/2010 - 21:36 Link
A T-34 wouldn't be too hard to find. The Imperial War Museum at Duxford have at least two, one of which was very much in working order and producing its own smokescreen when I last visited!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
womble
Posted 29/05/2010 - 22:22 Link
Or the Tank Museum at Bovingdon.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
George Lazarette
Posted 29/05/2010 - 22:49 Link
Dangermouse wrote:
A T-34 wouldn't be too hard to find. The Imperial War Museum at Duxford have at least two, one of which was very much in working order and producing its own smokescreen when I last visited!

Sneaking back home with it might be a bit of a challenge, though.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Oggy
Posted 29/05/2010 - 23:06 Link
An AK47 is not that hard to come by. I spent three years in Saudi at the behest of my bank manager. In the local village there was a market once a week. Rice, clothes, spices, fruit, an animal section and a few tool stalls with hammers, knives and er assault rifles.

Word was that they would not sell them to the "white eyes" (Westerners). I did not try it.
Aero
Posted 30/05/2010 - 02:06 Link
Closer to home, I would have thought the Lee-Enfield rifle deserves a place. I bought one for $23 many years ago in a Canadian supermarket, so they'd certainly be around in London or Belfast. They've been reproduced on almost every war memorial in Britain, and you can't get much more iconic than that. Also, the deerstalker hat and the Mallard.

Al
George Lazarette
Posted 30/05/2010 - 10:27 Link
Aero wrote:
Closer to home, I would have thought the Lee-Enfield rifle deserves a place. I bought one for $23 many years ago in a Canadian supermarket, so they'd certainly be around in London or Belfast. They've been reproduced on almost every war memorial in Britain, and you can't get much more iconic than that. Also, the deerstalker hat and the Mallard.

Al

Have you ever fired one? The original kick like a mule.

But they were built to last.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Oggy
Posted 30/05/2010 - 13:03 Link
George Lazarette wrote:

G

Oh yes.

Good gun.
Aero
Posted 30/05/2010 - 14:47 Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Aero wrote:

Al

G

I used to head out to the firing range or backwoods with it now and again, and they certainly did kick. They were commonly used in North America by hunters on a budget. My copy, sadly, had a cut-down stock to make it lighter and more sporty-looking. Went hunting once on the aptly named Deer Island but, thankfully, didn't spot a deer -- or much else. My pal exploded a squirrel with his Winchester 30-30 and that put me off blood sports for life.

Al
Posted 30/05/2010 - 15:18 Link
How about the Trim phone, timeless but you don't see them anymore.
B+W Nautilus speakers.
The Dyson Vac
Notable cars such as the E-type, DB5, Lamborghini Miura, Ferrari 250GTO,
The Beatles Sergeant Pepper Album cover
Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon
Post Office Tower
The Gherkin Tower
Humber Bridge

Loads more to come.....LOL
Some Cameras

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.