Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Dartmoor is full of Splendor, and beauty.

JudithAnn
Posted 09/05/2019 - 01:09 Link
These stone hedges are as old as the hills, and they seem to divid the land in patchwork like square as if one were making a quilt. They add to its loveliness
Comment Image

These little black faced darlings are a part of the landscape, and are fearless of the roads!
Comment Image

A close up of the fine workmanship that when into each of these stone hedge....
Comment Image

Wow...what an array of beautiful earth tone. The earth colour when I left Canada..WHITE! LOL
Comment Image

I saw these little twins in the middle of the meadow ...They were so picture worthy.
Comment Image

I now know where the saying comes from..".I 'm on the top of the world, looking down on creations."
Comment Image

What would the world look like if the sun was setting and a castle was lit, and you were standing right above looking down
"Only in my Dreams, could I ever imagine such a thing" UK, you are breathless!!
Comment Image
Edited by JudithAnn: 09/05/2019 - 01:12
DSP121
Posted 09/05/2019 - 06:30 Link
Lovely set of pictures! The last one is eye-catching. Beautiful sun rays are making this pic more alluring!
Algernon
Posted 09/05/2019 - 08:28 Link
Fantastic colours and compositions. The twin lambs are my favourite especially the one on the right. Hopefully the weather will pick up in the next few days and you should see some blue skies.

The stone walls are called dry stone walling because no mortar is used. It's almost an art form and you should see better examples in the lake district.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
swarf
Posted 09/05/2019 - 09:15 Link
Algernon wrote:
The stone walls are called dry stone walling because no mortar is used. It's almost an art form and you should see better examples in the lake district.

--

.....and in the Cotswolds!

What lovely sets of images you are posting - it's great to see parts of the UK seen through 'fresh eyes'.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link
redbusa99
Posted 09/05/2019 - 12:10 Link
swarf wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="Algernon"]The stone walls are called dry stone walling because no mortar is used. It's almost an art form and you should see better examples in the lake district.

--

.....and in the Cotswolds!

and Yorkshire Dales plus you get a Stone Barn in nearly every field as well.
you have created some beautiful and artistic images, a joy to look at.
odd lens or 2

Flickr
pschlute
Posted 09/05/2019 - 13:37 Link
Keep them coming
Lubbyman
Posted 09/05/2019 - 13:43 Link
There's even a Dry Stone Walling Association https://www.dswa.org.uk/about-us/ . Lots of events in May, might even be one or two on your itinerary so you could see/photograph one being built.

"...what an array of beautiful earth tone." - Thanks for the reminder of what's under out noses. When you live here, you can take so much for granted. However, seeing earth covered in white always gets the pulse racing.

Keep enjoying yourself, there's a lot more loveliness to come!

Steve

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.