DA lenses on K-1 II

davidwozhere

Link Posted 16/04/2020 - 00:11
*IF you can manage with manual focus then there are a fantastic number of A series Pentax lenses that will more than fit your needs. Add an (expensive) F series auto focus converter and you are good to go!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

Benz3ne

Link Posted 16/04/2020 - 05:50
davidwozhere wrote:
*IF you can manage with manual focus then there are a fantastic number of A series Pentax lenses that will more than fit your needs. Add an (expensive) F series auto focus converter and you are good to go!

+1 for film era lenses. Great suggestion.

Mike-P

Link Posted 16/04/2020 - 10:00
pschlute wrote:
Example of a severe crop with the K1. The crop does look oversharpened but shows what you can do.

For a moment there I thought " that's unusual, a bearded cat".
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

mikeprotts

Link Posted 19/04/2020 - 21:56
davidwozhere wrote:

I've got some of those, and will start using a lot more, but the modern lenses are WR and a lot lighter, e.g. the choice for general walking and spotting wildlife:
Adaptall SP 60-300 + 1.7 AF converter + K-1 II = 2kg
Pentax 55-300m + 1.4 converter + K1-II = 1.5kg
Pentax DA* 300mm + 1.4 converter + K1-II = 2.4kg

So if I'm mainly walking, it tends to be the lighter, if I'm trying for best pictures, it's the 300mm. I'm looking forward to giving the Adaptall SP 300mm and 500mm some exercise as well.

For mid range I've got the Pentax A 50mm F1.7, Adaptall SP 90mm and Pentax 75-150mm, all really nice to use.

However I'm tending more towards picking up some primes at the wider end, and there it's much more likely to be old MF glass (my wide zooms are not WR). For now it's between the ultra wide ones (DA) and and FF old Vivitar 28mm and Tamron 28-105mm.

Mike

davidwozhere

Link Posted 20/04/2020 - 00:43
I always have a couple of plastic carrier bags with me on a longer walk whether or not the kit is weather resistant - one to wrap it up and one to carry it in. I don't trust waterproof rucksacks - they often aren't.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.