DA-L 35mm f2.4 announced

Dangermouse

Link Posted 12/09/2010 - 21:26
Hang on, hang on...

The original statement was that the lens will only be offered as a kit lens in Japan. It will still be available to buy in the UK (and elsewhere, presumably) from mid October, just as a stand-alone lens rather than bundled. There's nothing to stop dealers from offering them bundled with any Pentax body they fancy, in the same way as they split the existing kits to offer them body only.

To me, any halfway decent new AF prime for 150-180 is a good deal. I've seen used F 50mm f1.7s priced higher than that!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Last Edited by Dangermouse on 12/09/2010 - 21:28

MrCynical

Link Posted 12/09/2010 - 23:27
Dangermouse wrote:
To me, any halfway decent new AF prime for 150-180 is a good deal. I've seen used F 50mm f1.7s priced higher than that!

I would hazard a guess that those selling 50 1.7s might be slightly worried right now: a DA L 50 f1.7 is the logical next step after a 35mm.

Algernon

Link Posted 13/09/2010 - 09:01
MrCynical wrote:
Dangermouse wrote:

I would hazard a guess that those selling 50 1.7s might be slightly worried right now: a DA L 50 f1.7 is the logical next step after a 35mm.

Why should it be... 50mm was the standard lens for FF. 35mm is the standard lens for APS-C so they need to release a 35mm f/1.7 with a proper distance scale and DOF scale. 50mm is the equivalent of a 75mm telephoto on APS-C.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Algernon

Link Posted 13/09/2010 - 10:18
This is the Praktica 50mm f/2.4 Standard Lens.
The Mighty Pentacon Prakticar MC f/2.4

I wonder if that's where Pentax got
the idea for an f/2.4 Standard from
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

ISO

Link Posted 13/09/2010 - 11:12
Don wrote:
in fact I'm waiting for the reviews... and the road map...
I'm looking for a good prime in the 28-35 mm range and a wr version of this lens would be a no brainer for me...

Well a bit off subject, but I saw a Tamron 28mm 1:1.8 MF in a secondhand shop this weekend. Wonder if I should have bought it (Any one know of it)?

Dangermouse

Link Posted 13/09/2010 - 19:41
If it was sub-20 I'd probably have bought it to see what happened.

I did go through the usual phase of thinking that it was only worth buying genuine SMC Pentax lenses, but I recently came across a Tokina AT-X 28-85mm (attached to an ME Super I wanted) which has turned out to be a cracking lens. I now keep an eye open for cheap Tokina K-fit lenses and then search for reviews on any I spot.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.