Current state of affairs - Warning lens P0rn!


robbiec

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 19:24
Big shakeup of my bag coming up in the next few hours so I took this as a reminder




If you had this lot, which is soon to be joined by a Zeiss T* 50/2 Makro-Planar... what would you do?
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]
Last Edited by robbiec on 18/05/2013 - 19:26

mikew

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 19:30
Lock up all but two and take some photographs?
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Last Edited by mikew on 18/05/2013 - 19:30

robbiec

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 19:39
Huh? 2 are mounted on K-5's at any given time and the rest always in a bag nearby.
I was thinking of selling on the Ks, the FA50 f/1.7 and a bunch of Taks that I also have and putting them towards another Zeiss (Distagon T* 2.8/25)
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]
Last Edited by robbiec on 18/05/2013 - 19:40

joostdh

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 19:40
robbiec wrote:

If you had this lot, which is soon to be joined by a Zeiss T* 50/2 Makro-Planar... what would you do?

Sell the lot! And switch to Canon.








Joke

Very nice set. I'd definitely get out and take a lot of pictures Love to play with the 1.2 sometime and the FA 77.
Pentax K-1| Pentax K-01 | D-FA 28-105mm | FA 28mm F2.8 | FA 35mm F2.0 | FA 43mm F1.9 Ltd | FA 50mm F1.4 | FA 50mm F2.8 Macro | FA* 85mm F1.4 | FA 100mm F2.8 Macro | DA* 200mm F2.8 | Pentax AF 540FGZ

mikew

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 19:46
Just a gentle wry comment about having too much gear and risk stifling creativity. Today I went out with one camera which I am not allowed to name which has a fixed focal length of 23mm on APS and the K5 plus 4 lenses in the bag. How many lenses did I use on the K5? One - the 70 Ltd. I took more with the un-named camera than the K5 because it's so simple to use and always delivers. Having two cameras was a dratted nuisance really but just now and then I needed the 70.

We are all different but I recommend taking just two lenses like the 21 Ltd and the 70 Ltd and one body it's liberating. And now I'll quite rightly be told to shut up and p*ss off. I'm used to it.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 19:54
Buy a camera for each one

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 19:58
Now there's a fine collection of lenses if ever I saw one.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

robbiec

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 20:04
mikew wrote:
Just a gentle wry comment about having too much gear and risk stifling creativity. Today I went out with one camera which I am not allowed to name which has a fixed focal length of 23mm on APS and the K5 plus 4 lenses in the bag. How many lenses did I use on the K5? One - the 70 Ltd. I took more with the un-named camera than the K5 because it's so simple to use and always delivers. Having two cameras was a dratted nuisance really but just now and then I needed the 70.

We are all different but I recommend taking just two lenses like the 21 Ltd and the 70 Ltd and one body it's liberating. And now I'll quite rightly be told to shut up and p*ss off. I'm used to it.

Mike

Oh I often pick just one, probably the 43 if truth be told and have a wander around Cork doing some street shooting. If I am attending a gig, I'll pack 3, 43, 50 f/1.2 and 77 and jump between them depending on the bands. I get the most keepers with the 50 though, just get into a MF zone, leave it at f/2, shutter at 1/50 and TAV.
Still learning the 31 , only have it a few months.
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]

Algernon

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 20:36
I'm fixing the car in the morning ...... so I'll
post a picture of my Spanners ....

'
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

robbiec

Link Posted 18/05/2013 - 23:37
Algi, i'm sure you could do some very artistic photos of your spanners if you wanted to
K's going off to a new home in Yorkshire
Anyone used a Zeiss T* Distagon 25 f/2.8?
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]

Algernon

Link Posted 19/05/2013 - 07:52
robbiec wrote:
Algi, i'm sure you could do some very artistic photos of your spanners if you wanted to
K's going off to a new home in Yorkshire
Anyone used a Zeiss T* Distagon 25 f/2.8?

Is that Whitworth or AF?
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 19/05/2013 - 07:53

rparmar

Link Posted 21/05/2013 - 00:48
You're missing a nice 135mm. Just saying.

Do show how the Makro-Planar works out.
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.

robbiec

Link Posted 21/05/2013 - 01:12

Yeah, Yeah..
What would you put in there?
A*135? Voigtlander Macro APO-Lanthar 125mm f2.5 Perhaps?
Or maybe a K135 f/2.5, heavy but nice.



My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]

rparmar

Link Posted 21/05/2013 - 01:56
The Voigtlander is likely the ultimate. My fave of those I can afford is the "Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 Close Focus" in M42 mount. Looks like this:




And this (!):



It's actually a 1:2 macro lens. But Vivitar didn't want to brag, and so say merely "Close Focus".
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.

rparmar

Link Posted 21/05/2013 - 02:01
Rendering is very nice right out of the lens. Perfect for portraits if you can get far enough away from your subject!




Built like a rock. Smooth focus. Detail, colour, bokeh all first-rate...




Of course it's 270mm equivalent focal on MFT. And a bit big for me. But a great bargain if you can find one.
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.