Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Contax/Yashica (C/Y) to Pentax K adaptors

1stEverPentax
Posted 24/11/2014 - 12:47 Link
Hi all,

i've a few C/Y fit lenses from my 35mm days which i'd like to try on my K-x. There are several sellers online offering such adaptors now. Has anybody else any personal experience of this and could possibly make a recommendation...or alternatively warn me off if it didn't work out?

many thanks

Karlo
MrB
Posted 24/11/2014 - 18:08 Link
A few months ago I did this, but sort of the opposite way round - an adapter to allow manual use of my Pentax lenses on a Sony Nex body. I ordered the adapter on eBay, from a seller in China (the country, not the pottery), for about £12 with free P&P. I think it took less than two weeks to arrive. It is all metal, seems well-made, and works perfectly.

Cheers.
Philip
bwlchmawr
Posted 24/11/2014 - 18:15 Link
1stEverPentax wrote:
Hi all,

i've a few C/Y fit lenses from my 35mm days which i'd like to try on my K-x. There are several sellers online offering such adaptors now. Has anybody else any personal experience of this and could possibly make a recommendation...or alternatively warn me off if it didn't work out?

many thanks

Karlo

I've always wanted one but due to some specific difficulties the usual adaptors were no use, apparently now they've produced an adaptor with a lens (the usual ones are lens-less so don't affect optical quality). I've no idea how much they are or how good, but I've always wanted to use my Sigma 24mm C/Y fit lens. It was very sharp in the bad old days of film.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Edited by bwlchmawr: 24/11/2014 - 18:15
johnriley
Posted 24/11/2014 - 18:37 Link
SRB Griturn are the adapter experts, who make everything that can be made. You could give them a call and see what they can offer, or perhaps their website lists something appropriate.
Best regards, John
1stEverPentax
Posted 24/11/2014 - 22:14 Link
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll do a bit more digging around to see if I can discover anyone who has actually used one of these specific ones and see what they thought. In the meantime John, i've had a look at SRB's website and sent them an email. They do seem to be quite a useful looking company for future reference.

If anything does come of this and I decide to try one of these adaptors i'll post some of the results on here with my thoughts...it might help someone else. I thought i might as well try and make some use of those lenses as sell them for a pittance.

regards

Karlo
kingfisher
Posted 03/12/2014 - 10:06 Link
Haven't seen adapter for pentax, but it is possible to do a lens mount reversion.... take a look at this link:
www.leitax.com
it's quite simple, although the machined lens mount they are selling is quite expensive

I've used two converted Contax lenses : Planar 50/1.7 and Sonnar 85/2.8 and they were absolutely beautiful with my K10D.

martin
Posted 12/12/2014 - 20:06 Link
I converted a Contax 35mm using the Leitax lens mount converter. The process is fairly simple and the instructions comprehensive. It's a good lens which I still use, and if converted carefully and parts kept after removal I would imagine a retro conversion back to Contax mount should be possible. The only problem is the lack of auto diaphragm.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.