Come guys, please support pentax and vote for my picture on national geographic website

m42geo

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 14:16
During my recent trip to north Korea I have taken many photos. I had posted many of them on this forum although seems like not many people are interested and commented on it but one of my picture has been shortlisted by National Geographic website.

Please support me and pentax and make my photo publish on national gergrapic magazine by voting for my picture

Voting link as below: (2nd one down from the top) http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/2013-10-03/

_GEO1882-1 by geovienso, on Flickr

Thank you all pentaxians.

JohnX

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 14:23
Sorry, didn't vote, as I don't want to go through the registration process.

In any event, I don't think yours is the strongest image.

It could be anywhere - it doesn't say 'North Korea' to me.

Now, no.9 in part 5, that speaks to me more about the whole 'mind set' there.
Last Edited by JohnX on 03/10/2013 - 14:28

JAK

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 15:22
It would have been better if the subject (the cyclist) was coming in to the picture, not going out! Cropping off the right hand side and making the photo square would achieve that.

Sorry, not voting.

John K
John K

QuestionableCarrot

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 16:14
I would have dumped this shot from the get go.

Sorry
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/

johnriley

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 16:23
The shot has something going for it though - the poses of the baby and cyclist are super and the detached figure in the background adds a sort of detachment, leaving those two on the bike in a little world of their own.

OK, the right of the image is empty, so I'd be inclined to crop it and make a square composition.

Not sure I want to vote on anything but the best image though, so I'll have a look and see what the competition is like!
Best regards, John

EpicFail

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 16:27
QuestionableCarrot wrote:

Sorry

That's a bit harsh I think.

A bit of cropping would sort out any issues I think.

It must have something going for it to get shortlisted.

snappychappy

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 18:23
EpicFail wrote:
QuestionableCarrot wrote:

Sorry

That's a bit harsh I think.

A bit of cropping would sort out any issues I think.

It must have something going for it to get shortlisted.

I agree and also the square crop would work well.
My piccies.

DrOrloff

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 18:47
I fully agree too. I find it an engaging image, the toddler's connection with the viewer is immediate. And I think it does speak of place too, the emptiness of the road despite the fairly importamt looking building in the background. I would have quibbles about the composition, but street pohotography is more about catching an engaging moment, which this does well. The heavy vignette I am not keen on.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

Dodge69

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 19:41
I would agree with Dr O's comments, I have no problems with it, other than I prefer it in B&W.

B&W brings out the baby's face and the road wear marks. Compositionally there is nothing wrong with challenging the viewer with lopsided or unbalanced compos every once and a while, the painter Piet Mondriaan made a career out of it....
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!

m42geo

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 20:02
Thanks for all the comments,

I have to admit that this shot is not a very strong image. I didn't want to apply too much crop on pictures I took in general. I post this picture out again is due to the fact that it was shortlisted on national geographic website and try to get a few votes from fellow pentaxian.

Thanks for all the supports anyways.

cameraboy

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 20:03
Most probably as so few pics come out of N K sorry to sound grumpy
k7 10-17fe 12-24 55 100 macro 18-55 50-200

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 20:58
The image is ok, it could be better yes, for me there is to much empty space behind and not enough for the cycle to move into, cropping would of brought the eye towards that baby in a basket!
Something Like this maybe?

Anyway, I'll have a look at the registration process and give you a vote Mate, ViVaPentaxia!!

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 21:04
....and done...good luck

tyronet2000

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 23:29
bettyswolloks wrote:
The image is ok, it could be better yes, for me there is to much empty space behind and not enough for the cycle to move into, cropping would of brought the eye towards that baby in a basket!
Something Like this maybe?

Anyway, I'll have a look at the registration process and give you a vote Mate, ViVaPentaxia!!

Scrolling down I at first thought there were several people half buried in the grass verge in the background. I find those trees very distracting from the main subject I'll probably vote though.
Regards
Stan

PPG

tyronet2000

Link Posted 03/10/2013 - 23:38
Voted
Regards
Stan

PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.