Chester and nearby

droopsnoot

Link Posted 28/12/2011 - 18:22
Once I'd got fed up with the shops the other day I had a look around the city. I ventured out west a little to get a distant shot of the illuminated ferris wheel, only to find the angles were all wrong.

Any comments greatly appreciated. I haven't done a lot of processing on them, not least because I haevn't figured out yet how to do anything other than basic cropping. It wasn't until I got home that I realised I'd have been better off shooting the first photo from the other side of the bridge, so the houses weren't in shot. That said, I don't know whether the sky might not have been so nice in that direction.

The wheel is in a different location this year, without quite so many nice buildings in the surrounding area.

Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Last Edited by droopsnoot on 28/12/2011 - 18:24

Stuey

Link Posted 28/12/2011 - 18:28
The last one is my favourite

Was shot 3 taken on Christmas day as it looks a lot like the 'odd' band of cloud I caught with the sun behind it when taking a shot from my parent's house near Mold looking out towards Cheshire on Chrsitmas day
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

droopsnoot

Link Posted 28/12/2011 - 19:11
Hi, thanks for that. I took a load of the wheel as it's very photogenic, but once you start looking at them, they're all very similar. I was trying to do better than the ones I took last year, in a way I did as I managed to not lose the quick-release bit off my tripod this year, unlike last year.

All of them were on Boxing Day. The ones that aren't in the city are in Higher Ferry, on the B5129.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror

Stuey

Link Posted 29/12/2011 - 21:34
More than one day of odd clouds then

Well done for not losing any tripod bits this year
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.