Cheshire Photographer saying Hi

JammyBee

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 01:45
I was a keen photographer in my late teens and early twenty's, I did a fair bit of work for the School mag and used to sell prints of my work at local fairs to earn extra spends. I lost the love when the point and press as many times as you like era came along.
My last holiday to Scotland found me taking time to take photographs (on a cameraphone) to share with all my family and friends through social media, suddenly I was thinking as a photographer again. Now in my 40's I have just invested in my first DSLR camera a Pentax ist DL2 and I look forward to sharing my pictures as I relearn the skills of framing a great photo.
I love landscape and coastal pictures but as a way to push myself as I learn I am setting myself a 365 day challenge starting in June, to take a picture everyday of a living thing (be it human or animal).
I guess a few of these pictures may end up being of my Scottish Terriers Mackie and Toddy as they go most place's I do. I have a very understanding wife who likes that I am back to a hobby that has never (yet) caused me injury.
Peace James
My Flickr

AndrewA

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 07:22
Hello and Welcome to the Forum!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 09:48
Greetings and where about in Cheshire are you

Pete

stephenparfitt

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 10:24
Welcome - another Pentaxian in Cheshire!

bforbes

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 10:33
Hi and welcome to the forum
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Stuey

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 13:37
Hello and Welcome

Beware the 365 projrects - I have seen these put people off photography

Some finish them then don't pick up a camera again for a very long time - maybe something less intense could be considered
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

ronniemac

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 15:37
Welcome to the forum,

I see you have a made a fine start to your project with that excellent photograph of the dandylion

Best wishes

Ronnie

davidstorm

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 17:36
Welcome James, I think you will get some good advice and encouragement on here. Welcome to the site.

Best wishes
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

JammyBee

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 19:57
Cheers guys for the welcome, I do not plan 365 portraits just 365 days of pictures of living things as I already feel I have a feel for landscape pictures. I am in Crewe Cheshire
My Flickr

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 23/05/2014 - 20:20
Hi and welcome. I am another Cheshire Tog, yes I still consider Stockport part of Cheshire
Some Cameras

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 01:25
Im Nantwich just down the road give us a shout if you want to meet

JammyBee

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 02:37
whatsthisbuttondo wrote:
Im Nantwich just down the road give us a shout if you want to meet

will do drop me a PM with your email as I cant PM yet
My Flickr

Northgrain

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 08:17
Welcome James!

Sounds like your exactly where I was three years ago - getting back into proper photography after a long hiatus. I've no regrets going with Pentax, and have learnt a huge amount from simply hanging round this site
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.