Chasing a Sunset, Wildlife & Wildflowers around Croome Court in Worcestershire

GeoffMoore

Link Posted 03/06/2019 - 08:55
Following on from the silly Bluebell Season that grips us photographers each year I thought i'd like to branch out (like what i did there?) from Landscape photography into trying a little bit of Wildlife and Wildflower photography. It didn't go quite to plan!

I think I really underestimated the time needed to get a good shot as well as record a video and try to photograph a sunset almost all at the same time.
Here are some of the photos taken.... You can also watch how I went about getting these photos here in a little 5 min video if you want more insight into my process and the total lack of preparation > https://youtu.be/hjU9UC1iBHM

All images shot with Pentax K-1 + SMC Pentax-DA* 60-250mm F4 ED (Modded) + HD Pentax-D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR

Regards
Geoff
YouTube: Photography Vlog
Facebook: Photography Page Weekly Updates and Musings
Twitter: Photography Mini Thoughts
Instagram: Yes, Here
Flickr: Yes Here
Last Edited by GeoffMoore on 03/06/2019 - 08:57

Lubbyman

Link Posted 03/06/2019 - 10:16
You got 3 rather good photos even though it didn't go to plan.

Yes, it can take a long time to get a good shot. Wildlife doesn't seem to understand the need to get into the right position for the photographer and wind always blows the flowers just as you've got the perfect shot lined up. Still, it's good fun... usually!

Steve

Helpful

GeoffMoore

Link Posted 03/06/2019 - 10:19
Thanks Steve,
This really was my first foray in to taking photos of this type, so rather enjoyed the experience albeit rushed and fraught with danger. One of the cows, stepped right over the fence that separated us, I hasten to add I was out of there like a flash - Wasn't expecting her to be so bold.
Last Edited by GeoffMoore on 03/06/2019 - 10:19

pschlute

Link Posted 03/06/2019 - 14:23
Very nice set.
Peter

My Flickr page

Helpful

GeoffMoore

Link Posted 03/06/2019 - 15:04

davidwozhere

Link Posted 04/06/2019 - 00:38
Cows are the ultimate nosy parkers, they always want to see what you are up to, have a sniff and a good lick to see if your coat is edible. Getting back on track, if I had taken those pictures I would have been quite pleased with them so take some more please.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

GeoffMoore

Link Posted 07/06/2019 - 11:11
Thank you David. - I'm looking at the weather outside, and I'm thinking the heavy rain and flat conditions might make for some interesting images and a vlog. Might mean I'm going to get a soaking for my troubles, still more images may follow
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.