Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 2.4/35mm

marklj
Posted 07/04/2011 - 11:11 Link
Morning folks

Just purchased the above lens at what I thought was a good price. Very nice it is too from what I've seen of the initial results. I've been using it on my K-5 on Aperture Priority - Is that the best way to use it. It came with an M42 adaptor - I assumed that the manual aperture settings would be on the top of the lens once attached but they are slightly to the side. It appears to be working fine but just wondered if there were any tips as to the best way to use the older lenses on the newer bodies.
marklj
Posted 07/04/2011 - 12:09 Link
ah! couldn't work out why it wasn't asking me for the focal length. Kept turning it off and on without the wee box coming up.
thoughton
Posted 07/04/2011 - 12:13 Link
Supposed to be a nice lens, look forward to some results!

As Gareth says the focal length input thing will only appear if SR is turned on (this has caught me out dozens of times). Just don't forget that if you've got the camera in bulb mode, or 2 second timer, (both of which I'm guessing you do quite a lot ) SR is automatically turned off so you won't see that screen.

That screen also puts the focal length that you set into your EXIF, which is helpful to keep track of which lens you shot which image with.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
FlickrFluidrPPGStreetPortfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
marklj
Posted 07/04/2011 - 12:25 Link
I'm looking forward to using the close focusing abilities. Had one or two neck and back problems of late and enthusiasm has taken a bit of a dive - need to get going again. First year was all fun but trying to kick on a bit and it doesn't seem to be working.
Hardgravity
Posted 07/04/2011 - 17:43 Link
I have a CZJ 35mm from my Zenit days, it's seen plenty of use in the past producing wonderfull images, I must go and get it out again if I can find it...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.