Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Can you stand more Scotland photos?

Gwyn
Posted 20/09/2007 - 12:09 Link
Well here are a couple anyway. Not brilliant I admit, more just snapshots. No excuses - I just didn't feel like putting a lot of effort into them this time.

Comment Image

This is outside the Deep in Hull - we arrived in the early morning with time to kill before we could check in in York so went round the Deep first.

Comment Image

This is the view from our cottage garden, on a good day.

Comment Image

And this is how most of the photos looked

Comment Image

Cropped to remove the coach load of Dutch tourists, this is taken from the bridge at Bridge of Orchy. Sprained ankle prevented me getting down to the waters edge.

Comment Image

And finally my (heavily photoshopped) view of Castle Aaaargh! aka Castle Stalker.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 20/09/2007 - 17:19 Link
Is that a shrubbery I see in the background?

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
niblue
Posted 20/09/2007 - 17:48 Link
I don't have any shots of Castle Stalker though I've been in the area plenty of times. On my recent NW trip I'd planned to take some shots of Eilean Donan castle on the last day but unfortunately SWMBO needed me back early so I whizzed by it without stopping.
Ammonyte
Posted 20/09/2007 - 20:54 Link
3 & 4 remind me of the time two chums and I walked the West Highland Way.

There is a story about our stop at the Bridge of Orchy, but I'm not telling!
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
Gwyn
Posted 20/09/2007 - 22:03 Link
Ammonyte wrote:
3 & 4 remind me of the time two chums and I walked the West Highland Way.

There is a story about our stop at the Bridge of Orchy, but I'm not telling!

Come on you have to tell us now!

We sat in the pub at Bridge of Orchy listening to a Dutchman complaining to his companion about all the hills on the West Highland Way! Duh! He didn't realise we understood him and were having a giigle at his expense
Ammonyte
Posted 20/09/2007 - 23:27 Link
Ok, here goes (well it is my 1000th post!)

There were three of us, and we took a room at the Bunkhouse there. Tiny rooms they are, no room to swing a gnat, let alone a cat. Anyway we had a drink or several in the local hostelry before retiring to our bunks, and at a point in the night, nature called. I climbed down from the top bunk and it took me a full 10 minutes trying to fumble quietly in the dark before I realised the door opened outwards, not inwards. Mike and Keith (told me the following morning) were crying silent hysterical tears under their duvets.

Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
Gwyn
Posted 21/09/2007 - 09:20 Link
Congrats on your 1000th post - and what a great post it is. Gave me a much needed laught this morning.
Thanks for sharing it with us!
Ammonyte
Posted 21/09/2007 - 20:39 Link
Needless to say, whenever we meet up, I am not allowed to forget that incident!
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
George Lazarette
Posted 21/09/2007 - 20:56 Link
"Can you stand more Scotland photos?" asked Gwyn.

Aye, says I. Keep 'em coming.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
thoughton
Posted 13/12/2010 - 13:41 Link
Just browsing through the old Your Photos pages, and found this one. Gwyn in a recent thread you said you 'take photos but don't post them'. But apparently you used to post them! So what's changed?
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
FlickrFluidrPPGStreetPortfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Gwyn
Posted 13/12/2010 - 14:57 Link
thoughton wrote:
Just browsing through the old Your Photos pages, and found this one. Gwyn in a recent thread you said you 'take photos but don't post them'. But apparently you used to post them! So what's changed?

I still post occasionally - see this thread.

But I had some photos stolen from another forum so I decided not to post a lot any more.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.