Camera screen shades to a purple colour and I can't see what I want to photograph.

JohnFitzgerald

Link Posted 27/05/2017 - 12:13
I Have owned a Pentax Optio, 10 Megapixel, Digital SR, for about 10 years and I have found it to be a fabulous little camera and video for the purposes that I need.
I have used it on many overseas trips and have had some beautiful clear photos to remember the trips. I have just returned from my last trip and just after I had downloaded my last photos to my computer, I noticed that when I turned the camera on, the screen would light up, was clear for a moment and the writing on the screen was readable, but as soon as the camera started focusing on a vision, the whole screen started turning purple to such an extent that I was not able to see any pictures to be able to take a photo. However my saved photos on the chip in the camera can be seen on the screen as I troll through them.
Can any one suggest what might be wrong with my camera please?

johnriley

Link Posted 27/05/2017 - 16:40
If the images have recorded properly it sounds like a fault with the monitor. You could try resetting the camera to the factory defaults, just in case some special effect has been accidentally turned on.
Best regards, John

jeallen01

Link Posted 27/05/2017 - 22:25
Probably an internal interconnections issues inside the camera, unfortunately - needs servicing, IF the cost is reasonable, which I doubt as you can probably buy a newer model for the same/less.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 with the Hacked K-50 f/w to being a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

nass

Link Posted 29/05/2017 - 02:58
johnriley wrote:
If the images have recorded properly it sounds like a fault with the monitor. You could try resetting the camera to the factory defaults, just in case some special effect has been accidentally turned on.

Good advice
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.