Camera bag for sale- Thinktank Retrospective 10 (Pinestone)

duncanM

Link Posted 21/03/2014 - 21:48
According to the makers, this bag is intended for the professional photographer who wants to blend in with the crowd and remain inconspicuous. They advertise it as blending the look and feel of "old-school" camera bags while providing "new-school" features and technology for the digital age. In my opinion it is very handsome and discreet, the “tweed” like fabric giving it an expensive and classy look. It has much more “style” than the usual run of (to me at least) rather dull camera bags.
They are slightly on the expensive side new, but mine has some slight marks on the front flap (see picture 1), and I have reflected that in the price.
The interior dimensions are 30.5cm x 24cm x 15.2 cm. The main compartment can be divided up to suit your needs, there being the usual sort of padded removable space dividers. Personally, I arranged it so that there were 2 side spaces, and a larger central one for the camera itself. The centre space provided plenty of room for my K5 crosswise on its back with zoom lens attached, and the side spaces each very comfortably held a long/ large zoom lens pointing upwards. For me, that meant the K5 with DA*16-50 in the centre; the DA12-24 on one side; and the DA*50-135 on the other. Pic 5 below shows one possible permutation, through the side profile of the bag with the bag standing upright and the camera on top of the upright lens, but to me that does not seem very stable.
My arrangement still left plenty of room for the 60-250 lens and the flash gun in the front pocket, and lots of other smaller bits & pieces in other smaller pockets and spaces. I’m sure it would in fact, be straightforward to set up the dividers so as to accommodate even more lenses etc.
Externally, the bag is water-resistant, its exterior fabric having a durable, water-repellent coating.
There is a separate polyurethane coated nylon seam-sealed rain cover.
If any more information is needed, it should be available at any number of web-sites, such for example as http://www.harrisoncameras.co.uk/Bags-and-Tripods/Bags/Shoulder-Bags/Think-Tank-...
They seem to cost about £100. 50% off would be £50. I would be content with that sort of money, so may I suggest £50, or near offer (delivered RMSD, UK only).

7avensis7

Link Posted 22/03/2014 - 06:22
PM sent

duncanM

Link Posted 22/03/2014 - 08:30
Reply sent, and bag sold.

7avensis7

Link Posted 28/03/2014 - 20:20
Thanks Duncan
Great bag, very useful size and a nice guy to do business with. Who could ask for more?

John

duncanM

Link Posted 28/03/2014 - 22:02
Your kind words are much appreciated, John. I am equally grateful to you for the most friendly and efficient way in which you have dealt with your side of things throughout.

antzutd

Link Posted 29/03/2014 - 00:30
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... i am too slow!
----------
Pentax K-30, 55-300, 18-135, 35 2.4, 50 1.8, 12-24
Pentax Q, Q10, 01, 02, 04, 05, 06 & 07
(Pentax K-x 2011-2012)
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.