BUying a new flash for *istds help!!!!!

vievetrick

Link Posted 10/11/2005 - 13:55

Okay hello all. I am new to this site and have looked a bit to try and find some comparisons on flashes. I am looking to buy a flash for my *istds, I think I am starting to suffer from overload. I am looking at something that I can use all around. Meaning In the house pictures of the kids at parties as well as for some other things like possible weddings (my pictures not wedding photographer) trips and possibly more. I was looking at the Af360 and the AF500 and now I see there is a new one coming out Pentax AF540FGZ. I even thought of starying a bit and getting a SIGMA EF-500 DG TTL SUPER NA. So help!!!!!! what are your thoughts.

MattMatic

Link Posted 10/11/2005 - 14:25
The AF360FGZ is a great little flash gun. The new AF540FGZ (when you can get it!) will have similar functions, but a higher output (guide no. 54, as opposed to 36).

I have absolutely no experience with the Sigma flashes, but personally I would stick to Pentax

The other thing you should consider getting is a Stofen Omnibounce. It's available for the AF360 (and will eventually be available for the AF540). It softens the light and is great for portraits etc. I usually keep the AF360 with the Omnibounce on, unless I need to cover a great distance.

I've seen the AF360 for around 160 if you shop around on the Internet.

(For the record, I also have a hefty Metz 50MZ5 which is a superb flash, but definitely not as portable as the AF360 - which I wouldn't be without )

Matt
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.