buddleia butterfly bush - Pentax 55-300 PLM lens.

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 15/08/2021 - 11:18
Just been out in the garden photographing Tortoiseshell butterlies on our buddleia.
Been using my new Pentax 55-300 PLM lens.
It's a great lens, easy to snap close-up photos from a nice distance. Great detail.

Now, if only Pentax could produce a great lens which would have a decent depth of field when doing close-ups.
I wonder if they can change the laws of physics and optical properties of such lenses.
Probably not!!!!

Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
K-S2 and suffering from a relapse and so now buying digital camera kit - started with a little Lumix TZ80 and now LBA has re-occured for my K-S2. Not sure where it will lead!
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Last Edited by GrumpyGrandPa on 15/08/2021 - 11:20

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/08/2021 - 11:54
The Sigma 50-500mm is excellent for butterflies, it has really good close focus ability.
. My Flickr

Helpful

Lubbyman

Link Posted 15/08/2021 - 13:31
Lovely photo, good background and not the usual wings outspread 'look at my gorgeous colours' shot. Personally, I think the face/head of a butterfly is its most interesting bit, and you've got it nicely.

Steve

Helpful

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 15/08/2021 - 15:38
Lubbyman wrote:
Lovely photo, good background and not the usual wings outspread 'look at my gorgeous colours' shot. Personally, I think the face/head of a butterfly is its most interesting bit, and you've got it nicely.

Steve

x2
Be well, stay safe.

Helpful

davidwozhere

Link Posted 15/08/2021 - 23:56
Very effective and unusual shot of a red admiral.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 16/08/2021 - 09:26
davidwozhere wrote:
Very effective and unusual shot of a red admiral.

Thanks for correction re it being a Red Admiral.
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
K-S2 and suffering from a relapse and so now buying digital camera kit - started with a little Lumix TZ80 and now LBA has re-occured for my K-S2. Not sure where it will lead!
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.