Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Brand new Samsung GX20

shim
Posted 04/03/2009 - 12:43 Link
woodworm wrote:
shim wrote:
Just checked the order status again and it's said "Card Declined" which is rubbish, they just approved everything over the phone.
shim

You can get card declined for a variety reasons, especially if you have moved home recently, though if they've confirmed it went through ok ...

My status has moved up to 'packing' which means:

- Payment for your order has been successfully processed.
- Your order is now being prepared for dispatch.

so I guess the offer is genuine and not a mistake

Only placed my order this morning

I wish you Luck. I was told they were all sold last night.
Could be a few cancellations though the way they carry on.

shim
Mike-P
Posted 04/03/2009 - 12:46 Link
Yup, looks like they have all gone.
Thank goodness the temptation has now finished again .. it was bad enough with the £100 cashback on the K20D.

Well done to all who bought one, let us know if it arrives ok
woodworm
Posted 04/03/2009 - 12:48 Link
Well if it doesn't arrive then I haven't lost anything other than getting my hopes up!

I'm pretty sure it did say 'In stock' this morning - not that it means anything ....

Shim - did you cancel your order? Maybe they will get more in stock ...
loskeran
Posted 04/03/2009 - 13:12 Link
Mike-P wrote:
simonkit wrote:

I'm one of the few who would like a decent Live View feature and the GX20 implementation is pretty poor by most accounts,

My thought too, bit of a let down from what I have read.
Pity.

I have tried "live view" on several cameras, i find it anoying trying to shield the lcd, when we do get sun, even the Olympus one, E30.
I just stick to the view finder. Call me old fashioned but thats me.
Mike-P
Posted 04/03/2009 - 13:21 Link
loskeran wrote:
Call me old fashioned but thats me.

Your just old fashioned.

Ok?

To be serious for a moment something like a decent liveview on a swivel lcd (Sony) would be great for shots that are impossible to get with the viewfinder such as over a gate or down low on the ground. Also, if it was like the Canon 40D and had a decent 100% hi res zoom for macro I would have bought one months ago.

You have to move on .. as long as the technology is not causing a loss of IQ I really cannot see why they should not include it. A bit like video .. if the camera still takes stills with the same quality with as without then who am I to turn away extra features, even if they are a gimmick.

loskeran wrote:

I have tried "live view" on several cameras, i find it anoying trying to shield the lcd, when we do get sun

From what you have been telling me lately you should be fine 90% of the time then
Edited by Mike-P: 04/03/2009 - 13:23
shim
Posted 04/03/2009 - 13:48 Link
woodworm wrote:
Well if it doesn't arrive then I haven't lost anything other than getting my hopes up!

I'm pretty sure it did say 'In stock' this morning - not that it means anything ....

Shim - did you cancel your order? Maybe they will get more in stock ...

Got an email just after I spoke to them under the strange heading:

Your Play.com account has now been approved.
===========================================

in which they just canceled the order.

To: xxxxx
Subject: Your Play.com account has now been approved.
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 12:21:11 -0000

Dear xxxxxx

Samsung GX20 14.6 Megapixel SLR Digital Camera (Body Only) (Electronics)
Our price: £299.99 Delivered

Availability: Unavailable
RRP: £699.99 You save: £400.00 (57%)

Release Date: 31/05/2008

Order has been cancelled since we are unable to source more stock.

Special features
Review

Play
--------------------

The offer has now gone off the website. If you receive a refurb, send it straight back. I've a hunch that the bodies are coming from a different supplier than the kits which are still at a higher price. I was told they had a total of 5 body only's. At least Amazon tell you who the supplier is. Any reputable supplier would have offered a big discount on the kit after messing a customer about.

Just noticed about Play Trade:
Paste/
PlayTrade is a new way to buy products on Play.com. It allows you to buy new, used and collectable products at great prices from third-party sellers, called PlayTraders. PlayTrade will provide you with the widest range of products at the best possible prices. All purchases are completely secure as they utilise Play Payments and are backed by our FairPlay Guarantee.
End Paste/

shim
loskeran
Posted 04/03/2009 - 14:00 Link
Sounds like an Ebay type scam to me, I've seen one or two like it on Ebay, they have tightened thing up a bit since.
Ridiculously price items loads sold paid for never delivered.
Even Amazon has had this type of scam tried.
Edited by loskeran: 04/03/2009 - 14:01
Mike-P
Posted 04/03/2009 - 14:05 Link
Lets wait and see if any arrive before anyone starts accusing Play of allowing scammers to sell on their web site
woodworm
Posted 04/03/2009 - 14:12 Link
That doesn't sound so good. I can't see who the seller is via 'order history' page with nothing to suggest it's not Play.com you're buying from and I don't remember what was on the original play web-page now

edit - If it's from a Play Trade reseller it has a different logo in your order and the seller is listed when you look in the order details ....

On the bright side - if it doesn't turn up at least I don't have to sneak it past the girlfriend!
Edited by woodworm: 04/03/2009 - 14:14
shim
Posted 04/03/2009 - 14:37 Link
Here's the webpage link probably the same as the one Mike put at the top of this thread. No longer has any prices on it.

Looking around the web there aren't many places with K20D/GX20's left.
BT Shop, Dabbs sold out.

shim
Mike-P
Posted 04/03/2009 - 14:42 Link
woodworm wrote:
That doesn't sound so good. I can't see who the seller is via 'order history' page with nothing to suggest it's not Play.com you're buying from and I don't remember what was on the original play web-page now

It had the Play.com logo, if there had been any mention of resellers I wouldn't have posted the deal.
loskeran
Posted 04/03/2009 - 14:43 Link
If you look it says in a smal box on left about mistakes in advert (report box) I did ask why no prices?
loskeran
Posted 04/03/2009 - 14:46 Link
shim wrote:
Here's the webpage link probably the same as the one Mike put at the top of this thread. No longer has any prices on it.

Looking around the web there aren't many places with K20D/GX20's left.
BT Shop, Dabbs sold out.

shim

Jessops in Scotland have K20's at £499 (refurbs)
Mike-P
Posted 04/03/2009 - 14:52 Link
loskeran wrote:
If you look it says in a smal box on left about mistakes in advert (report box) I did ask why no prices?

Because it has sold out.
woodworm
Posted 04/03/2009 - 14:56 Link
Mike-P wrote:
woodworm wrote:

It had the Play.com logo, if there had been any mention of resellers I wouldn't have posted the deal.

Hi Mike, yes I noticed that and edited my last post. I'm sure it's a genuine offer - will just have to wait and see if my order gets cancelled.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.