Beningborough Hall and gardens

Blythman

Link Posted 04/07/2012 - 23:24
First time using the Pentax 18-135. I think I'm going to like this lens as a general walkabout. AF is fabulous and it seems sharp where it matters

First up a corrected version of the Hall

Beningborough Hall by Blythman1960, on Flickr

Giant conkers by Blythman1960, on Flickr

Water Lilly by Blythman1960, on Flickr

Bee on an Allium by Blythman1960, on Flickr

Would be grateful for an ID on this next one.

IMGP3270.jpg by Blythman1960, on Flickr

Poppy past its best by Blythman1960, on Flickr

Swallows by Blythman1960, on Flickr
Alan

PPG
Flickr

AndrewA

Link Posted 05/07/2012 - 07:12
Super shots, and I agree the 18-135 is a great lens to have on your camera when out and about.

The only issue I have is that the barrel extends when the camera is slung over my shoulder when I am wondering about. Have you experienced that too?
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

snappychappy

Link Posted 05/07/2012 - 08:54
Very nice set, seems nice and sharp.
My piccies.

MrB

Link Posted 05/07/2012 - 09:05
Blythman wrote:
First time using the Pentax 18-135. I think I'm going to like this lens as a general walkabout. AF is fabulous and it seems sharp where it matters

I agree, Alan, and mine spends 99% of its time on the front of my K-5. Being weatherproof, this is an ideal combination for any outing in the UK! The critical comments on the lens really only apply to the extremes of its parameters - it is very much, as you say and as your photos show, sharp where it matters. In fact, the MTF figures indicate that, for where it matters, and in the middle of the range (f/5.6 to f/11), its resolution compares favourably with that of the Limited lenses.

A good choice - hope you enjoy using it as much as I do.

Philip

tyronet2000

Link Posted 05/07/2012 - 23:31
Super shots Alan, I especially like the Bee, I've been trying to get a decent Bee shot but the B'****s wont stay still long enough
Regards
Stan

PPG

Blythman

Link Posted 06/07/2012 - 07:28
Thanks for the comments folks. Think this lens will spend quite a bit of time on my camera.

AndrewA wrote:

The only issue I have is that the barrel extends when the camera is slung over my shoulder when I am wondering about. Have you experienced that too?

Can't say I noticed Andrew
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.