Bayonet for Sigma 100-300 F4

karthikv82

Link Posted 18/06/2013 - 14:40
Hello All,

Looking for some advice. I seem to have lightly damaged the metal part of the bayonet during one of my trips. That being metal, I have used a screwdriver and re positioned it in place and it works fine now but I would like to get a new Bayonet if possible.

I called Sigma UK at least 10 times now trying to follow up on a spare bayonet if they can get one from Japan but with no success.

Any advice on how I can get it replaced ?

Thanks,

Karthik

johnriley

Link Posted 18/06/2013 - 16:04
try a repair house that deals in Sigma. Do Sigma have a nominated repairer?
Best regards, John

geordie01

Link Posted 18/06/2013 - 16:26
Try Alan Marlow at AM Technical Services
http://www.cam-rep.co.uk/
Worked for me
Last Edited by geordie01 on 18/06/2013 - 16:27

karthikv82

Link Posted 18/06/2013 - 16:54
Thanks.. will try with them. Do you know if we can get a new spare bayonet for a discontinued lens ?
Karthik
www.kvflick.com

Mike-P

Link Posted 18/06/2013 - 17:10
If Sigma can't get the bayonet I doubt very much anyone else will what with it being such a rare lens in Pentax mount.

If you send it to Sigma UK they will often send the lens on to Japan if they can't fix it themselves.
. My Flickr

karthikv82

Link Posted 18/06/2013 - 17:13
Mike-P wrote:
If Sigma can't get the bayonet I doubt very much anyone else will what with it being such a rare lens in Pentax mount.

If you send it to Sigma UK they will often send the lens on to Japan if they can't fix it themselves.

Hmmm ... will talk to Sigma as well as third party repair companies and se what they have to say.

Thanks for your help guys
Karthik
www.kvflick.com
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.