Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Autumn Woodland ICM

Lubbyman
Posted 30/11/2019 - 22:17 Link
Hardly any fungi in the wood so decided to try ICM on leaves, trees and anything else that looked like autumn. Trying to get an autumnal feel. What do you think?

DA16-85mm + K20D (had the urge to give it an outing, I think it enjoyed it)

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Steve
HarisF1
Posted 01/12/2019 - 00:26 Link
It's really difficult to relate to other people when it comes to ICMs but I'm pretty interested in number 4. The other's don't really do much for me although number 2 might make a good abstract print to put up against a suitable flat coloured wall.
All the gear with no idea
swarf
Posted 01/12/2019 - 10:33 Link
I like the hint of Ivy showing through in #3, and agree with HarisF1 about #2.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link
Sry
Posted 01/12/2019 - 15:56 Link
There's an interesting impression of looking through a net curtain in the first three, lending a dreamy quality to them. Are they all single exposures (wondering how you managed the difference in background/foreground perception)? The last is the more 'automnly' to my eyes.
JAK
Posted 01/12/2019 - 16:09 Link
Hope the camera survived the fall.
John K
Lubbyman
Posted 01/12/2019 - 23:28 Link
Thanks folks.

HarisF1 wrote:
The other's don't really do much for me

To be honest, ICM doesn't do much for me most of the time. I can't help feeling that blur and splodge is better done with a paintbrush and canvas so you can control what it looks like. This was a wild experiment to see what would happen and definitely outside my photographic comfort zone!

HarisF1 wrote:
number 2 might make a good abstract print to put up against a suitable flat coloured wall.

You may well be right. I've seen things like that in hotel rooms.

Sry wrote:
Are they all single exposures (wondering how you managed the difference in background/foreground perception)?

All single exposures. The background/foreground effect is an accident - instinctively hesitating when pressing the shutter button. I don't think I could do it deliberately!

JAK wrote:
Hope the camera survived the fall.

The K20D will survive anything - even autumn

Steve
HarisF1
Posted 01/12/2019 - 23:52 Link
Yep you're spot on, it's definitely something that everyone should try just to see what they can make (like my horrible attempts with an orchid in the front garden). Out of the comfort zone can be good, especially when taking in the nuances of a scene (2 and 4 really do have a chance, while even 3 feels like it has some eerie story behind it with the veiled view of the branches).

I appreciate your shots the more I look at them which I suppose is part of the point of ICM!
All the gear with no idea

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.