Asahi Takumar M42 3.5/135 preset lens

Banjo

Link Posted 05/12/2010 - 22:55
I found one of these (1957 to 1962) lenses in its original box in mint condition!
(Some information regarding this lens may be found here: http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Pentax_Takumar_e.html )

Does anyone have any personal experience of this lens?

I have film in the camera ready to go, but haven't had time to try the lens as yet.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 05/12/2010 - 23:44
It should be a cracker, although possibly more vulnerable to flare than the later Super-Multi-Coated version. Use it carefully and enjoy it. I have the S-M-C version and the few times I've had cause to use it have produced very decent results, so I see little reason for the preset type to be hugely different.

They're also absolutely gorgeous to handle and use, like any Takumar in good condition.

I warn you, it becomes addictive! I'm now looking for an S2 to go with the Auto Takumar 55mm f2 I cleaned up recently, and any other vintage Takumars for sensible money. I already have an SV and Spotmatic along with 35/55/135mm lenses.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Last Edited by Dangermouse on 05/12/2010 - 23:51

Banjo

Link Posted 06/12/2010 - 01:08
Dangermouse wrote:
It should be a cracker...They're also absolutely gorgeous to handle and use, like any Takumar in good condition...I warn you, it becomes addictive! I'm now looking for an S2 to go with the Auto Takumar 55mm f2 I cleaned up recently, and any other vintage Takumars for sensible money. I already have an SV and Spotmatic along with 35/55/135mm lenses.

Thanks for responding.

I also have (two versions of) the S1 and and an SV.

I agree, pottering about with these older, manual, cams -and a hand-held meter- is quite relaxing as well as addictive.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.