Are they made of gold, now?

mowog

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 17:18
Sixty four ninety five... SIXTY BLEEDIN' FOUR NINETY FIVE!!!

After reading a post in the classifieds for an M42 adapter, I just checked the SRS website... And It's true!

How can Pentax possibly justify that amount of money for a metal ring?
That piece was selling for £20, a year or two ago. The manufacturing cost of the adapter cannot be more than £5. Have Pentax gone mad? or are they just taking the p**s?
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.

womble

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 17:37
Perhaps they are fed up with people buying superb Takumar glass on ebay rather than shelling out hundreds for their latest offerings?

I'm off out now... to play with my Taks

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Dangermouse

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 18:05
I can see why everyone else was so keen to get hold of that KM now!

I have a genuine adapter here and also one of the 3rd party copies. The designs seem pretty much identical, although the copy isn't quite as well machined as the genuine one. The copy was about £5 including postage from Hong Kong. £65 is utterly ridiculous!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

Lloydy

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 18:12
http://www.srb-griturn.com/m42-lenses-on-pentax-k-206-p.asp

£13-95, delivered.

I've got a few of them and they work perfectly.
Last Edited by Lloydy on 02/04/2010 - 18:13

Mike-P

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 18:49
They are on Ebay quite often for below £30.
. My Flickr

cedricd

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 21:04
I bought a cheapo spotting scope from LCE and they threw an adaptor in for free.

Cedric
Enjoy life

pentaxian450

Link Posted 03/04/2010 - 01:10
I think I'll buy a lathe. Could be a real money maker.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)

PeteL

Link Posted 03/04/2010 - 08:39
I bought mine in 1975 for £13 so allowing for inflation it`s not very much different. Without actually checking i`m pretty sure the Olympus equivalent is much dearer still.

Regards - Pete.

johnriley

Link Posted 03/04/2010 - 09:48
PeteL wrote:
I bought mine in 1975 for £13 so allowing for inflation it`s not very much different. Without actually checking i`m pretty sure the Olympus equivalent is much dearer still.

Regards - Pete.

We had just got used to paying a very low price that had been fairly stable for a very very long time.

I just think a new batch was made and the manufacturer charged rather more than last time. I doubt that Pentax decided to make a killing on such a random and minor item.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.