Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Are Calumet o.k. to deal with?

milamber
Posted 19/09/2013 - 13:19 Link
Can't find any recent discussions on here, but just wondered what people's experience of Calumet is? Prefer to use SRS where possible, but in this instance might use Calumet and wanted to know if people's experience with after sales if something has to be fixed under warranty is positive? I don't live near a shop so everything would be done by internet/post.

Thanks
johnriley
Posted 19/09/2013 - 13:21 Link
Calumet are a professional dealer and as such should be fine.

However, I thought they didn't really major on Pentax, so why Calumet? It just seems a bit random?
Best regards, John
milamber
Posted 19/09/2013 - 13:27 Link
Thanks John.

It's actually a piece of equipment to use with a Pentax! Just quite a bit cheaper than SRS.....
greynolds999
Posted 19/09/2013 - 13:59 Link
Calumet are an excellent store. I've never had any issues with them.
stub
Posted 19/09/2013 - 14:54 Link
A very good company. Things are usually at a premium price. So if I was you. I would go right ahead and purchase.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
milamber
Posted 19/09/2013 - 15:04 Link
Thanks. Bought - just need a camera now.......
bettyswolloks
Posted 19/09/2013 - 18:27 Link
Bought my K10 from them, very good company Mate/
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 20/09/2013 - 00:16 Link
I use their tripods (cheaper than manfrotto's, similar design)... always very helpful re replacement parts etc...

Best
SteveF
Posted 20/09/2013 - 10:20 Link
Yes, Calumet are fine to deal with, both in store and on the web.

They service the needs of professionals so their customer service is excellent. Just a pity they don't stock Pentax.
Blythman
Posted 20/09/2013 - 11:26 Link
milamber wrote:
Thanks. Bought - just need a camera now.......

So, come on then. What was the bargain?
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Gravelrash
Posted 27/10/2013 - 00:24 Link
I just got some Calumet gift vouchers as a present. Have you checked the prices of their Pentax lenses! I can't believe they actually intend selling anything.

With £90 worth of vouchers I was down to a CPL Filter as the only thing I could get and they were their own make and 3 times the price of HOYA Filters. Whats the game?
Steve

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
oldhat
Posted 27/10/2013 - 09:33 Link
There is a branch of Calumnet in Edinburgh which stocks a pretty wide range of gear. Most of their camera/lens products however are Canon/Nikon focused. Not sure they are aiming at "ordinary" customers as they seem to be catering for professionals and more importantly those with deep pockets. They show Pentax products on their web site but prices are high and availability of products can be an issue.
Gravelrash
Posted 22/11/2013 - 19:53 Link
I know it's an oldish thread but felt I had to add to my previous comment.

I went into Calumet (Manchester) today with a first question being "Will you accept these vouchers?" My concern being they had not been date stamped but the guy behind the counter remembered selling them and knew the occasion (I'm guessing they don't sell a lot of Gift Vouchers)

We then chatted about my "Leaving Present" and Motorbikes. John, the Assistant, was a smashing guy but it was clear I was in the wrong shop when I said I was using a K5 and he momentarily racked his brain before announcing "that's a Pentax? So it's for a Crop Sensor?"

We had already hit it off on the motorbike front but he knew he was going to struggle helping me. I had thrown around ideas of tripods and flash guns but we were rapidly down to batteries and maybe a CPL lol.

Great place to go if you have a Canon/Nikon or want to talk to someone about photography (Motorbikes too if you ask for John) but I felt like I had just gone to Harrods for a tin of beans.

Just sayin'
Steve

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.