Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

AP Mag - Voting for their 2021Retailer & Camera Awards :(

michaelblue
Posted 29/12/2020 - 14:53 Link
Mike-P wrote:
Best cheap DSLRs .... LINK

K-1 (II) is on there at the end, gets a decent write up IMO and they don't even mention the crappy AF tracking or the rubbish buffer. Great landscape camera though

I wouldn't call £1,500 {Sony} cheap
Regards,
Michael
ilovesaabs
Posted 03/01/2021 - 13:11 Link
Mike-P wrote:
Best cheap DSLRs .... LINK

K-1 (II) is on there at the end, gets a decent write up IMO and they don't even mention the crappy AF tracking or the rubbish buffer. Great landscape camera though

I know you've had or still have the D500, with the astonishing 200 shot buffer (if you use the right cards...) but if you had the D7100 which was basically Nikon's top APS-c offering before the D500 came along you would consider Pentax's buffer vastly superior. I used to be so frustrated at air shows, even though the Nikon's acquire capture and track AF better than Pentax the D7100 buffer was full after 5 shots (YES FIVE) and the D3 could only manage 9 (NINE!), the buffer had to completely clear before you could begin shooting again. This is why if you saw me at air shows I'd have the Nikons on one shoulder and the K-3 on the other so I could continue shooting the sequence...without the Pentax I'd fill the time cursing.
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.