Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Anyone fancy a meeting for South Wales in Swansea early 2010?

pink
Posted 18/12/2009 - 13:28 Link
Steve just to confirm that i am coming to the meet if it is still on for the 17th

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
SteveBath
Posted 18/12/2009 - 15:10 Link
Hi James, it is still the 17th January. Hopefully a few more of us can join too.
Steve B Photography
Email: [email protected]
Web : http://stevebphotography.blinkweb.com

Current Kit: Pentax K20D, Pentax K10D, Pentax MZ-30, Sigma EF500 DG Plus Flash, Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 Digital Ringflash, Pentax AF360 Flash, Pentax 18-55mm DA II lens, Pentax 18-55mm DA lens f3.5, Pentax SMC-A 50mm f2.0, Pentax MF 50mm f2.0, Macro Sigma 28-200 AF IF f3.5 and Pentax FA 100-300mm AF f4.5
pink
Posted 30/12/2009 - 09:01 Link
17th January is fast approaching.

Dear Steve
Can you please clear up/ give a time table for the order of the day. The only reason I ask is because it reads that we are just meeting in a pub for a late meal. This is fine by me but Swansea has a really nice dock I think.

And an address for the pub would also be an advantage with post code ?

what time do you purpose we meet ?

sorry if I reads offensive and blunt, I'm just a bit confused ?

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
SteveBath
Posted 30/12/2009 - 09:43 Link
Hi James,

I was going to deal with those questions just after new year (my apologies; I thought people would be sorting January out more after New Year). The postcode for the venue is SA2 8PY; it is in Singleton park and is the first right turn(it is a minor one after Swansea University on Oystermouth Road going towards Mumbles). There is a car park onsite. I mentioned food incase people maybe in the area doing shots and wanting to have food at the social incase.

The event is intended to be a networking social where people can meet, discuss and share experiences and ideas. If people want be bring guests along that is fine and if anyone also can come at the last minute that is fine too. I think it helps if we roughly know who is coming for seating and also incase we want to speak to certain people at the even about their style of their work say.

If anyone has business cards or portfolio they want to bring then you are more than welcome to do so.

I agree Swansea has a really nice dock. The reason I suggested Pub on the Pond is due to the close and safe car park the Pub has. WFC meets at the same venue and seems really popular.

If people would prefer to meet somewhere on the Dock if we can agree a venue then that is fine. If we can all reply on here about that then I think that would be best. Parking for the docks is around in the City Centre, on Oystermouth Road by Tesco Swansea Marina, by the Pump House and also near the Dylan Thomas Centre.
Steve B Photography

Current Kit: Pentax K20D, Pentax K10D, Pentax MZ-30, Sigma EF500 DG Plus Flash, Metz mecablitz 15 MS-1 Digital Ringflash, Pentax AF360 Flash, Pentax 18-55mm DA II lens, Pentax 18-55mm DA lens f3.5, Pentax SMC-A 50mm f2.0, Pentax MF 50mm f2.0, Macro Sigma 28-200 AF IF f3.5 and Pentax FA 100-300mm AF f4.5
SteveBath
Posted 07/01/2010 - 23:03 Link
Hi All,

I thought it best to post an update as we have less than two weeks to go. I will keep an eye on the weather over the week preceeding the meeting. I am hoping it will not be as bad as it has been so far into this cold snap.

Are we all ok with Pub on the Pond for this meet and we can arrange to do a meeting on the Marina next time? If you to meet on the Marina this time can you let me know.

Cheers Guys
Steve B Photography

SteveBath
Posted 14/01/2010 - 22:54 Link
Hi All,

I have just checked the Met Office report for Sunday and it looks ice and snow free. I have the list of myself, PentaxRocks and pink who have pledged to make it Sunday from 6:30pm. I know Cardiff_Gareth will make it if he can. If you can make it last minute then drop in if you can make it. If anyone wants to know any more details send me a private message and I will reply asap.

Steve
Steve B Photography

SteveBath
Posted 17/01/2010 - 10:58 Link
Weather is looking good so I will see you guys later. Anyone who wants to just drop in feel free. I will be there from 6:30.
Steve B Photography

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.