Any pentax user groups that meet in Essex

art52essex

Link Posted 16/10/2011 - 10:53
Hi

Are there any Pentax user groups that meet in Essex for days out etc.

Regards

Tony

petrochemist

Link Posted 16/10/2011 - 12:51
Hi Tony
None that I've seen yet
If you're not too far south perhaps we could change that though??
(I'm right in the NE corner of Essex)
Mike
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.

.[size=11:].Flickr WPF Panoramio

art52essex

Link Posted 16/10/2011 - 13:15
petrochemist wrote:
Hi Tony
None that I've seen yet

Hi

I live in Witham. I belong to a camera club in Great Notley but it's changed in the last 12 months i.e Not many days out, all the last 3 months workshops have been about using Studio Lighting (Thats not my scene).

I work for Ford Motor Company in Research & Engineering so may have something in common there also.

Regards

Tony

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 18/10/2011 - 12:39
I used to run the Essex Group of the Pentax Club for many years when Peter and Liz Cox took over from Ron Spillman -- we had a good membership and I organised weekends away staying in Youth Hostels -- we had an Exhibition in Old House, Brentwood and hosted several Pentax Club workshops there including one on 'Glamour Photography' with models we took over to Shenfield Common Pond -- it all fell apart when my wife went off with another bloke .... then I contacted so many Pentax Club members all over the area trying to get them to attend but to no avail so I gave it up ---now I have a Filipina Wife with a NIKON ( never give a wife a PENTAX any more! )
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

RayB

Link Posted 21/10/2011 - 19:03
I'm in Essex (just) Rush Green and I'd be interested in some kind of club or maybe a group meet?

RayB

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 17:21
I just wanted to give this a quick bump as it seems to have got buried under the Whitby thread

RichardSav

Link Posted 18/01/2012 - 11:24
Hi
Have only just joined the Pentax user group. I am a keen Pentax user, living in Upminster - South essex more - not too far from Rush Green (RayB ?). I belong to Upminster camer club - good club but only 2 Pentax users. I am retiring from work Tuesday 24th so keen to do a lot more photography. Richard

Standoe

Link Posted 16/07/2012 - 09:52
RayB wrote:
I'm in Essex (just) Rush Green and I'd be interested in some kind of club or maybe a group meet?

Perhaps you would like to come and see us at the North Romford Camera Club, we have a few Pentax members, why don't you look at our website at www.northromfordcameraclub.co.uk we really are a friendly club.
Stan Doe

Standoe

Link Posted 16/07/2012 - 09:53
Peter Elgar wrote:
I used to run the Essex Group of the Pentax Club for many years when Peter and Liz Cox took over from Ron Spillman -- we had a good membership and I organised weekends away staying in Youth Hostels -- we had an Exhibition in Old House, Brentwood and hosted several Pentax Club workshops there including one on 'Glamour Photography' with models we took over to Shenfield Common Pond -- it all fell apart when my wife went off with another bloke .... then I contacted so many Pentax Club members all over the area trying to get them to attend but to no avail so I gave it up ---now I have a Filipina Wife with a NIKON ( never give a wife a PENTAX any more! )

Standoe

Link Posted 16/07/2012 - 09:58
Peter,
I used to belong to your group many years ago along with Irene Benorthan, we had some very good nights at The Old House, Shenfield Village Hall, and your portrait sessions at your house in The Vale, certainly great nights, I remember you doing the photos for my sons wedding in Great Baddow. Hope you are keeping well.
Stan Doe

Standoe

Link Posted 16/07/2012 - 09:59
art52essex wrote:
petrochemist wrote:
Hi Tony
None that I've seen yet

Hi

I live in Witham. I belong to a camera club in Great Notley but it's changed in the last 12 months i.e Not many days out, all the last 3 months workshops have been about using Studio Lighting (Thats not my scene).

I work for Ford Motor Company in Research & Engineering so may have something in common there also.

Regards

Tony

Standoe

Link Posted 16/07/2012 - 10:09
Hi, looking at your message can I suggest that you try Chelmsford CC and also Great Baddow cc which are both quite close to you and may be what you are looking for. I am a member at North Romford Camera Club, A little too far away for you but just for fun have a look at our website.www.northromfordcameraclub.co.uk. I notice that you work for FMC and I was a Test Driver Prototype at Aveley,Dunton and Boreham before I retired {early} at the end of 1986 with 31 years of service. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Best wishes,
Stan Doe

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 21/07/2012 - 10:30
Stan Doe -- what a surprise to hear from you after all these years --!!
Yes. those were some Good Days for the Essex Group Pentax Club -- now I belong to Brentwood & District Photographic Club and am Past President - ex-Wife Beryl lives in MALTA with the bloke she went off with from Barking Photographic Society -- I started a NEW FAMILY at an Old Age with my new Young Filipina Wife -- well, who could resist a dolly 23 years younger !! WE have a Boy aged 13 and a Girl aged 14 and they are both camera owners ( but NOT PENTAX ) Humphrey Bishop who used to come to the Essex Group belongs to Brentwood -- he still has PENTAX as well.
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

RayB

Link Posted 24/07/2012 - 17:37
Standoe wrote:
RayB wrote:

Perhaps you would like to come and see us at the North Romford Camera Club, we have a few Pentax members, why don't you look at our website at www.northromfordcameraclub.co.uk we really are a friendly club.
Stan Doe

Stranger things have happened...

Thanks for the invite, Stan, I might do just that.

dcweather

Link Posted 23/11/2012 - 18:56
art52essex wrote:
petrochemist wrote:
Hi Tony
None that I've seen yet

Hi

Regards

Tony

I guess nothing happened. I live a few hundred metres from where you work Tony and recently had a part time job at Benton Hall GC in Witham. Dunno about Camera Clubs - sounds like we needed to swap houses!
A Pentax only club around Chelmsford would be great.
And Mike - I'm a retired analytical Chemist/Lab Manager so plenty of different people with stuff in common as well as Pentax.
Dave
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.