Another Review of the K-3 ;-)

Smeggypants

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 22:15
Our knickers are perfectly ironed and adjusted, it's called lively debate. Anyone who puts their self or their work on a public stage gives license to be reviewed and shouldn't get upset if that happens.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

spinno

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 22:16
Daniel Bridge wrote:
I would never have imagined people would get their knickers in such a twist over something like this.

Ah well, never mind.

Dan

it's the internet...it's what it's all about
David

NeilP

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 22:26
Smeggypants wrote:
Our knickers are perfectly ironed and adjusted, it's called lively debate. Anyone who puts their self or their work on a public stage gives license to be reviewed and shouldn't get upset if that happens.

I'm sure you would be fine if you had a review published on a magazine and someone ripped it apart on a minor thing they disagree with.
UK Wildlife blog ----- UK Wildlife Facebook page ----- UK wildlife Twitter

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 22:33
Smeggypants wrote:
Anyone who puts their self or their work on a public stage gives license to be reviewed and shouldn't get upset if that happens.

I'm not upset, just a little surprised that people hold such strong views on something that really doesn't matter that much. And I really can't be arsed to discuss it any further because everyone's fundamentally agreeing with each other.

At the end of the day, if someone rings you up and says "would you like to review this camera, we'll pay you, and you'll have it for a couple of weeks, oh and what lenses do you fancy too?", I don't know about you, but I'm not that fussed if the scoring system is basically the same as every other review system, I'm just going to see what the thing's like, and write up an honest review, then try to come up with a score that reflects that, relative to previous reviews.

If I'm asked to do a 645D Mk2 review, I'll be sure to run it by everyone here first, to prevent it descending into the ridiculous.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 22:35
And yes I am aware that I said "I really can't be arsed to discuss it any further..." then discussed it further.

Dan

davidstorm

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 22:43
I think we should all do a review of Smeggy's website, mark it out of 100 and post the results on here

That should spark some lively debate!

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

K10D

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 23:01
mille19 wrote:
Well, I was just happy to read a review by someone who has actually used a Pentax before, all too often I get the feeling reviewers don't like Pentax cameras just because it's not a Canikon.

I'm looking to buy a FujCaNikOlyLeicaBlad if you know where there might be a good second hand example.

...and it was still a good review.

Best regards

K10D

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 23:03
davidstorm wrote:
I think we should all do a review of Smeggy's website, mark it out of 100 and post the results on here

Cheers
David

Not really as you'll get into politics which is not permitted here and may draw attention to you under section 8.

It is however a worth the visit.

Best regards
Last Edited by K10D on 18/02/2014 - 23:05

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 23:08
K10D wrote:
mille19 wrote:
Well, I was just happy to read a review by someone who has actually used a Pentax before, all too often I get the feeling reviewers don't like Pentax cameras just because it's not a Canikon.

I'm looking to buy a FujCaNikOlyLeicaBlad if you know where there might be a good second hand example.

...and it was still a good review.

Best regards

I'm reviewing the FujCaNikOlyLeicaBlad XEosD72000M10Alpha for the FujCaNikOlyLeicaBlad Times at the moment, not looking good though, I'm still deciding on the precise criteria for the review score, and inventing a whole new system that doesn't defy the laws of logic or public decency, and I've now missed my deadline.

And thank you, btw.

Dan

davidstorm

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 23:11
K10D wrote:
davidstorm wrote:

Cheers
David

Not really as you'll get into politics which is not permitted here and may draw attention to you under section 8.

Best regards

Tongue firmly in cheek, thought it might provide a bit of amusement

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

K10D

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 23:16
davidstorm wrote:

Cheers
David

Now that's just wishfull thinking.

Best regards
Last Edited by K10D on 18/02/2014 - 23:16

Smeggypants

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 23:22
NeilP wrote:
Smeggypants wrote:

I'm sure you would be fine if you had a review published on a magazine and someone ripped it apart on a minor thing they disagree with.

There's no need to roll your eyes. As it happens I wouldn't have a problem with it. I've been publishing my views on public forums for near on 20 years and often have them ripped apart for all kinds of reasons. I'm not going to sanitise what I publish because someone might disagree vehemently with it.

Really if people are going to get upset with feedback on what they publish then they shouldn't publish it.

Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..

Smeggypants

Link Posted 18/02/2014 - 23:26
davidstorm wrote:
K10D wrote:
Quote:

Cheers
David

Best regards

Cheers
David

You're all quite welcome to register and join in the fun.

Anything goes, except attacking each other. The ethos of Smeggy's is Attack the Argument not the Arguer. We also share some cool jokes and recipes as well as heatedly debating politics and current affairs

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 19/02/2014 - 00:35
Smeggypants wrote:
Really if people are going to get upset with feedback on what they publish then they shouldn't publish it.

And once again, just in case anyone missed it, I'm not upset, just somewhat bemused. Perhaps you weren't directing that at me, but it seemed to me that you were.

Percentages, or star ratings, or thumbs up, or whatever scoring system, is used for just about every review on the planet, whether it's cameras, music, films, inkjet paper, videos of cats playing the piano, or chocolate biscuits. If the mark is higher, the subject of the review is considered better than things with a lower score, by whoever is doing the review. They may have different tastes to you, they may never have had a McDingles Shortcake Choccobiccy, or maybe their review was written before such a delight was ever dreamed of, and you may disagree with their verdict, or the basis upon which it was derived, or in any other of a multitude of ways, to your heart's content. If you don't like the system, you don't need to pay it any attention. If you come up with a better system, feel free to let the world's media know.

Dan

johnriley

Link Posted 19/02/2014 - 00:44
I think well done Dan for getting a review published. You've got the experience to do it justice and you should be congratulated on a job well done.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.