Another old relic - Tamron Twin Tele

davidwozhere

Link Posted 22/01/2021 - 01:12
If you don't know this ancient lens it is worth looking it up. It was Tamron's first attempt at a detachable SLR lens in 1959
and comprised a 135mm base lens to which you can add a converter that makes it into a 225mm. To do so, you have to
remove the primitive T2 style mount, screw the converter in its place and replace the mount on the end of it. Everything
about it is primitive and oddball right down to the tiny 1.5inch diameter of the barrel and the peculiar 36mm filter thread.

For all its quirkiness it is a quality bit of glass with a pre-set aperture right at the front behind the 1st element. You do need
the odd sized custom hood for it to perform properly. Many come without this and users are disappointed with the results.
I put mine on the K1 today using just the 135mm part and I was well pleased with what came out of it.
These are all at ISO 100 and f5.6 - 8.

A straightforward shot of a very nice cyclamen that has been flowering for months.

The same plant in high key showing the pleasing bokeh

It captured the detail of this dried lady's mantle stem very well indeed

You would never imagine that such a dinky little toy-like affair could produce such a fine FF performance!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

vic cross

Link Posted 22/01/2021 - 01:20
Looks interesting. Can you show us a photo of the said lens?
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

takuman

Link Posted 22/01/2021 - 08:40
Crickey that is impressive
Just passing thru

takuman

Link Posted 22/01/2021 - 08:42
It's not April 1st and I've strolled into a trap?
Just passing thru

davidwozhere

Link Posted 23/01/2021 - 00:30
I will photograph the lens and its components in the morning. Unfortunately, I rarely get to the computer much before 11pm.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Defragged

Link Posted 23/01/2021 - 13:30
Just Sublime.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.