Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Amazon doing the K-1 at £1750, but taking off £350 extra at checkout - £1400 for the K-1

Mike-P
Posted 25/11/2017 - 20:16 Link
stu62 wrote:
its ok going to amazon but if somthing go wrong 6months down the line do you think they would be botherd
i dought it

They have always been pretty good to me ... even gave me a refund on something that was out of it's warranty period.
Kevriano
Posted 25/11/2017 - 20:30 Link
Mike-P wrote:
stu62 wrote:
its ok going to amazon but if somthing go wrong 6months down the line do you think they would be botherd
i dought it

They have always been pretty good to me ... even gave me a refund on something that was out of it's warranty period.

Same. We ordered an outdoor storage shed last week, it arrived slightly broken, and it must have been too much bother for Amazon to take it back. Told me to keep it and sent me another. Can't complain.
K3, K3 II, 100MM 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Sigma 17-50 2.8, Nikon D7500, Tamron 150 600 G2
jeallen01
Posted 25/11/2017 - 20:36 Link
Mike-P wrote:
["]They have always been pretty good to me ... even gave me a refund on something that was out of it's warranty period.

Me too - This spring a B&D hedgecutter stopped working after almost a year, reported it to Amazon, and I got a new replacement the next day.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Posted 26/11/2017 - 14:04 - Helpful Comment Link
As much as I like to buy from my preferred camera stores and in the case of my Pentax gear - from SRS - the Amazon price is incredible.
I absolutely love my Pentax KP (in black purchased from SRS) and for a few months have considered buying a 2nd body to save changing lenses so much. That is how much I love the KP.
I have spoken with a Amazon representative who confirmed the price was indeed 549.00 and that is what I was billed at check out. It is currently out of stock but I'm in no hurry to receive it. It was just to good a deal to turn down.

Kind regards,
Wayne.
HarisF1
Posted 26/11/2017 - 18:06 Link
Flyingmariner wrote:
As much as I like to buy from my preferred camera stores and in the case of my Pentax gear - from SRS - the Amazon price is incredible.
I absolutely love my Pentax KP (in black purchased from SRS) and for a few months have considered buying a 2nd body to save changing lenses so much. That is how much I love the KP.
I have spoken with a Amazon representative who confirmed the price was indeed 549.00 and that is what I was billed at check out. It is currently out of stock but I'm in no hurry to receive it. It was just to good a deal to turn down.

Kind regards,
Wayne.

Thank you Wayne for confirming the deal. I was getting nervous that the order may have been cancelled.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 27/11/2017 - 08:41 Link
No problem Haris...

I assume you have ordered one yourself?

Kind regards,
Wayne.
HarisF1
Posted 27/11/2017 - 11:20 Link
Yes, can't turn down such a great deal. I paid £650 for my second hand black KP earlier this year (from a forum member) so a much cheaper price for a brand new silver KP isn't so bad
wvbarnes
Posted 27/11/2017 - 11:47 Link
I twice had trouble with the lock on the 55 - 300mm PLM (£249 at time.
Amazon very easy to deal with, both times they sent me a replacement next day and allowed me a prepaid return of the faulty item within 4 weeks.
One year warranty though so if price competitive I usually buy from Pro dealer.
The K3II offer at £649 from SRS is the one that most impressed me this time. I paid £699 earlier in year and am delighted with it. Much improved shake reduction and AFC tracking.
Pentax waterproof remote £19.99 at SRS by the way Algi.

stu62 wrote:
i dought it

wvbarnes
Posted 27/11/2017 - 12:23 Link
PS, The big buyer beware with Amazon is that they are very good at changing faulty goods themselves (ie bought from Amazon.co.uk) BUT a great deal of what they sell is as a shop front for other third parties.

wvbarnes wrote:
I twice had trouble with the lock on the 55 - 300mm PLM (£249 at time.
Amazon very easy to deal with, both times they sent me a replacement next day and allowed me a prepaid return of the faulty item within 4 weeks.
One year warranty though so if price competitive I usually buy from Pro dealer.
The K3II offer at £649 from SRS is the one that most impressed me this time. I paid £699 earlier in year and am delighted with it. Much improved shake reduction and AFC tracking.

stu62 wrote:
i dought it

Algernon
Posted 27/11/2017 - 13:18 Link
wvbarnes wrote:

No use for the KP it hasn't got the receiver You can't change the battery in it so you would need to carry a spare remote as well.

A High Power Remote is much better. Works up to 100M away and will bounce around the room. Only £13 for the Seculine on ebay....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seculine-Twin1-R3-TRS-Remote-Shutter-Controller-for-So...

Juts throw away the Sony bits. Not needed with Pentax and the R3-UT is universal.

You could have used the Canon one with the KP except Pentax have also changed the jackplug socket to also take a mike

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 27/11/2017 - 13:26
HarisF1
Posted 27/11/2017 - 13:32 Link
The K-1 is at £1249 if you factor in the promotional discount now at Amazon.

It's out of stock but I imagine there is a chance the price will be honoured. Affordable FF!
Conqueror
Posted 27/11/2017 - 14:05 Link
HarisF1 wrote:
The K-1 is at £1249 if you factor in the promotional discount now at Amazon.

It's out of stock but I imagine there is a chance the price will be honoured. Affordable FF!

very good price, after seeing this post, pulled [the hopeful] trigger. It had temporarily gone back up to 1999 before the 350 discount and I thought I'd missed the boat to get it at 1400 total, but this is even better!
K-3ii
Algernon
Posted 27/11/2017 - 15:12 Link
I've just ordered the K-1 for £1249 I didn't want to go to FF, but all the Pentax APS-C's are either old or crippled (no decent IR ).

I'll have to wait and see if they honour it.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
HarisF1
Posted 27/11/2017 - 15:28 Link
Algernon wrote:
I've just ordered the K-1 for £1249 I didn't want to go to FF, but all the Pentax APS-C's are either old or crippled (no decent IR ).

I'll have to wait and see if they honour it.

--

Hope it works for you, it's a glorious camera!

Just save your pennies for the lenses!
McGregNi
Posted 27/11/2017 - 16:40 Link
He's got a few lenses for it I'm sure .... he can't wait to find out how decentred, distorted, and soft they all are at the edges once he's subjected them to 36mp pixel peeing magnifications!!

And if none of them are any good, the K1 is suitable as a paper weight in the strongest of gales
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.