Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Advice on lens and other equipment

giofi
Posted 10/10/2011 - 19:14 Link
I am once again asking for advice from the experts on this forum (not necessarily from PentaxExpert :lol.

I have recently acquired an LX in great conditions (now being serviced) and with the camera I got a box of equipment that was used with it. I do not have use for most of it, and I would like to have your input on whether they have any value please. And if anyone is interested, please just let me know:

Pentax M 40-80 2.8-4 zoom. I know it is not a stellar performer.

Asahi Pentax 67mm L39(UV) SMC Filter

Asahi Pentax SMC Close-up lens S40

Plus a whole bunch of Hoya HMC UV filters in various sizes, step up rings, 49mm reverse adapter and 6 Filtek filters.

Thanks!
johnriley
Posted 10/10/2011 - 19:43 Link
eBay is the place for maximising your return on these, if that's what you intend. If you list them individually you may well do quite well.
Best regards, John
giofi
Posted 10/10/2011 - 20:25 Link
Thanks John! Would you have any idea of the value of these?
johnriley
Posted 10/10/2011 - 20:52 Link
I start filters at £3 or £5 depending on type, or more if very large or polarisers. Usually post free in the UK. They zoom onwards and upwards as the market wills.
Best regards, John
giofi
Posted 10/10/2011 - 21:53 Link
John, thanks again!
Dangermouse
Posted 10/10/2011 - 23:11 Link
The 40-80mm seems to have attracted the silly BIN price crowd (£45 and up from a brief check!) Could try a BIN of £20-£30 and see if it goes?

I paid £20 for mine a year or two ago but seldom use it aside from as a walkabout lens on an ME Super on holiday last October. It was a pleasure to use around Diekirch, although not really up to the standard of the 40/2.8 and 120/2.8 pairing I carried around Speyer.

The main problem is barrel distortion at the 40mm end, although it could just be that I noticed it more there due to the fact that I was shooting buildings (where straight lines will show it more). It's sharp enough though and the macro has its uses. Some of the poor reviews complain about the handling, to be honest I've never had any complaints with the two touch design.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
giofi
Posted 11/10/2011 - 15:57 Link
Matt, thanks for the suggestion!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.