I know what i like, If not always why.
derek897
Posted 11/01/2019 - 16:25 Link
Comment Image
Ha'penny Bridge by dr.shutter, on Flickr
MrB
Posted 11/01/2019 - 16:52 - Helpful Comment Link
Good colours and reflections, Derek. (I prefer the colour version of the last image.)

Cheers.
Philip
Nigelk
Posted 11/01/2019 - 16:59 - Helpful Comment Link
Thank you for taking us on a lovely wander along the quays.
I much prefer the B&W of Ha'penny Bridge. Partly that is because the house the far side have been darkened down till it has disappeared.
It would be no good if we all liked the same thing.
cardiffgareth
Posted 11/01/2019 - 22:36 - Helpful Comment Link
Love love love that last one
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
davidstorm
Posted 11/01/2019 - 22:36 - Helpful Comment Link
Fantastic set Derek, the one looking over the bridge (colour version) is a wow shot and my favourite in this post.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
derek897
Posted 11/01/2019 - 23:01 Link
Cheers everyone,
The Ha'penny bridge shot, which is also my fav of the night, was tough to get and edit.
I waited for about 20 mins, stood there with tripod waiting for a gap in the crowds of people using it.
There was no gap, but this one had fewer people leaving trails, I've left one trail in, on the top right side of the bridge.
Would like to be able to tone down the building in the background of the colour shot, properly.
Its probably Dublins most famous bridge,
Posted 11/01/2019 - 23:11 - Helpful Comment Link
Very nice Derek... the Halfpenny Bridge shots are the standouts for me too... both the colour and b/w versions work very well to my eye... will come down to feel and personal preference... I personally like the colour version for its warmth... quite unexpected given the darkness it comes out of... but there’s a stark, almost clinical precision to the b/w that also has merit... more minimalist to my eye... choices, choices...

Best
alfpics
Posted 12/01/2019 - 00:05 - Helpful Comment Link
MrB wrote:
Good colours and reflections, Derek. (I prefer the colour version of the last image.)

Cheers.
Philip

That colour one is my favourite as well. I also like the tower building in no 2 - which would stand on its own/ be even better without the building to the right IMO
Andy
derek897
Posted 12/01/2019 - 10:38 Link
Cheers Andy, if id had a different lens with me i would have done the convention centre, (tower) on its own, dont think the shot will stand up to that big a crop.
derek897
Posted 12/01/2019 - 10:39 Link
The black and white version of the Ha'penny bridge just got explored on flickr
davidwozhere
Posted 13/01/2019 - 00:25 - Helpful Comment Link
Not being a Flickerite, what does Explored represent? Something good, obviously, 'cos it's a jolly good picture.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
derek897
Posted 13/01/2019 - 00:36 Link
davidwozhere wrote:
Not being a Flickerite, what does Explored represent? Something good, obviously, 'cos it's a jolly good picture.

Hi David, Flickr has this thing called explore, it's seems to contain mostly excellent images, although there are some duffs in there too. Not sure how they decide what gets in, could be an algorithm.
Result is the other shots from that night have around 50 views, that shot has around 7500 views
Other than that it actually means very little.
08tiger
Posted 13/01/2019 - 06:39 - Helpful Comment Link
Nicely done, i`m particularly fond of the 3rd from last.
C&C welcome.
Don.
K10D
Posted 13/01/2019 - 08:35 - Helpful Comment Link
An set of images showing a professional level of photography. Well framed and exposed. As above, the halfpenny bridge image is just a stand out there and be admired image. Very well done.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.