A sunny day to use the CPL.

loadoftripe

Link Posted 26/04/2022 - 20:17
Had another play with the circular polarizer, I don't see any difference through the Viewfinder and have to go by the metering e.g seeing the shutter speed change in Av mode. I have a very old cpl from the eighties and with this you can see it darken the sky and which areas. This new one is an expensive pain in the a***, a Hoya pro 1 digital 82mm MC PL-C.

all on K1 mkII and 28-105 ED DC WR, used step up ring for the CPL, all SOOC shots.

2. No they are not Oysters under the water here...

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 02/05/2022 - 09:36
Opening image for me. The polarizer when turned will remove glare and reflected light from subjects as well as deepen the blue in skies but only if you're at the right angle so at times I may not 'do' an awful lot.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

MrB

Link Posted 02/05/2022 - 10:09
Perhaps it was your intention but these look rather under-exposed. I like the composition of number 1 and simply moving the white point improves the view.

Philip

loadoftripe

Link Posted 02/05/2022 - 14:37
Thanks guys for the comments, and tips.
MrB wrote:
Perhaps it was your intention but these look rather under-exposed. I like the composition of number 1 and simply moving the white point improves the view.

Philip

Yes you are right, having edited this SOOC shot using RT and white balance picker there is improvement overall and now does'nt look underexposed, thank you.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.