A meeting in leicester?

Crossed-up

Link Posted 08/03/2013 - 18:39
I was planning to be there Will and not too bothered about the weather, but think the photographic opportunities may be less than ideal, especially if it is as foggy as it has been the last few days when I've driven past. So on balance I think I will give it a miss too, but look forward to the rescheduled date.
My Images
Gripped K3's|DA10-17|DA*16-50|DA*50-135|DA*200|DA*300|Sigma 150-500

judderman62

Link Posted 08/03/2013 - 19:33
all things considered a reschedule sounds perfect and gets my vote
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

strumstrum

Link Posted 14/03/2013 - 18:05
just seen this, I'd like to jump in when you sort out a date, I am only 6 miles away from the farm so would be rude not to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/strumstrum/

Pentax K50

vic cross

Link Posted 15/03/2013 - 09:08
Will. Just to let you know. I have only 2 weekends left free.
16/17 & 23/24 March. After that I start my summer part time job in Wicksteed Park working on the rides and photo boothes in the arena area.
This is every weekend and bank holidays. SO maybe I can come over on my own one day midweek in the summer sometime if that's OK with you?
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

vic cross

Link Posted 01/05/2013 - 10:56
Anyone interested in reviving the trip to Wills (redsocks) farm in Leicester? I can't go at weekends as I have my summer job at weekends. Wednesdays are good for me and could combine an AM visit to the farm with a PM visit to Mallory Park as it is free because it is just a track day. I believe it is cars in the AM and M/Bikes in the PM.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

CliveK

Link Posted 02/05/2013 - 17:03
Hi Vic,
I'd be interested in the farm visit but I'm not available next week. After the 12 May I'm OK except Thursday 29 May. I won't be able to take you up on the PM at Mallory Park though as I pick my great grandson up from school in the afternoons.

Clive
Pentax Kr - Pentax 18-55mm, - Pentax 28-80mm, - Sigma 70-300mm,
Sigma 150-500mm.
Last Edited by CliveK on 02/05/2013 - 17:04

AndrewA

Link Posted 02/05/2013 - 17:13
vic cross wrote:
Anyone interested in reviving the trip to Wills (redsocks) farm in Leicester? I can't go at weekends as I have my summer job at weekends. Wednesdays are good for me and could combine an AM visit to the farm with a PM visit to Mallory Park as it is free because it is just a track day. I believe it is cars in the AM and M/Bikes in the PM.
CHEERS Vic.

Do we know if Will is up for it still, I did message him a while back but never heard from him.

I am only now free at weekends....
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

judderman62

Link Posted 02/05/2013 - 18:32
I'm defo still up for it, again weekends are best for me
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

stevejcoe

Link Posted 02/05/2013 - 18:49
I am OK with most days, but it is really Will's call, it could be that this is a busy time for him. I would not want him to feel pressurised. I see he has not logged onto the site since the first week of April.

If Will is too busy, then Vic's idea of a Wednesday afternoon at Mallory Park would work for me.

Regards - Steve

vic cross

Link Posted 02/05/2013 - 19:52
I sent Will a PM but he has not replied yet so until we can get in touch with him it's all up in the air. Let's all keep the visit in mind until such time as we can raise Will. Is that OK?
Steve. Maybe we could do Mallory one Wed.?
CHEERS Vic.

simonarron

Link Posted 02/05/2013 - 20:23
General testing is scheduled every Wednesday at Mallory - cars in the morning, bikes after lunch, as Vic implied - but it's worth checking with the circuit to see whether many riders are booked in. Some days can be very quiet, others extremely hectic. There is a small admission charge - about 3, I believe - but that only applies if there's a bloke on the gate, which isn't always the case...
Last Edited by simonarron on 02/05/2013 - 20:28

judderman62

Link Posted 02/05/2013 - 20:42
aye good for me re will
- -
Mike

strumstrum

Link Posted 02/05/2013 - 21:53
Mallory Park is great on Wednesdays, I am up for a meet, good to know there are a fair few locals around me
http://www.flickr.com/photos/strumstrum/

Pentax K50

stevejcoe

Link Posted 03/05/2013 - 08:29
Rather than trying to over complicate this, should we maybe start a new thread for a midweek meet at Mallory? That would provide an opportunity for both Car and Bike enthusiasts and the chance for a sopt of lunch between sessions.

Regards - Steve

vic cross

Link Posted 08/05/2013 - 16:00
Will has replied to my PM. (He has been away) He may come back on here with an updated invitation. CHEERS vic.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.