A Ladybird Heads Off...

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 19:07
It was going to be a bog-standard ladybird shot. But then it headed off and the only way to get a shot was from the other side, into the light. It only travelled a few inches before the dog made it clear it was time to move on. Enough to get a few shots, though. And here they are. The starburst in the second is entirely accidental, but I've kept it there because I like it. And as coker says in another thread "Any insect will reflect. Somewhere."

K3 + Sigma 105mm macro.

Comments, thoughts etc. welcome as usual.

Steve

jvs

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 22:23
Lovely tones in all four - super background. I like no. 4 best for the more interesting view of the crop - wheat or barley? I can never remember the difference. The ladybird is superbly captured in the others though - very well spotted (!) and captured. And I think there's just a hint of the coming starburst in no. 1 as well. I see no reason at all to paint it out!
John

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/06/2020 - 23:04
Thanks. Neither wheat or barley, just random grass in the verge at the edge of a field. Now you mention it, I think you're right about a hint of a starburst in No. 1.

Steve

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/06/2020 - 09:21
I like this style Steve - if I look back at the Ladybird shots I have taken the vast majority are technically good but actually quite boring because of the sunny, crisp lighting - your shots have more character and warmth with the low sun backlighting, number 2 being the pick of the crop (IMO).
LennyBloke

davidwozhere

Link Posted 27/06/2020 - 01:11
You're right about the starburst - keep it.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.