A few shots with a few samyangs

derek897

Link Posted 26/12/2018 - 23:56
Havent had a chance to shoot much lately, so here are a few with K1 and either samyang 35mm or samyang 20mm, nothing fancy, I just needed to get out and shoot, I was cracking up stuck at home

IMGP1921ed1sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

IMGP1919edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

IMGP1916edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

IMGP1887ed1sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

gaps216;9sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

gaps1 - Copysm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
I know what i like, If not always why.

DSP121

Link Posted 27/12/2018 - 08:45
Great set of pictures! The atmosphere looks so beautiful! Please share some more photos from your collection. I just love this set.

Helpful

Sry

Link Posted 28/12/2018 - 21:43
Great atmosphere, indeed. The second image in particular, with the organic merging of hill and cloud. Nice!

Helpful

davidstorm

Link Posted 28/12/2018 - 22:33
There's gold in here Derek, however I hope you don't mind me making a critical observation? They are all under-exposed and would benefit from the levels bringing up in post processing. I think you have deliberately gone for a dark mood, but it's at the expense of details in the shadows, which is a crying shame as there will be plenty to see in the dark areas given the performance of the K-1's sensor.

Particularly in number 1, I think you could have a wonderful shot on your hands if the levels in general were higher and more so the shadow detail was brought out.

Best regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Helpful

derek897

Link Posted 29/12/2018 - 02:14
Cheers guys, I was kind of going for a dark mood as it was pretty dark anyway,
to be honest, the foreground on these were nearly black, and I just didnt like the look of lifting more, I have no doubt that the sensor would give more, I will give it a go.
Genuinely your thoughts and observations are appreciated and I will act on them and see how they look
Thanks again

Derek

RobL

Link Posted 29/12/2018 - 11:27
I know what you mean Derek, the camera’s exposure system always tries to make everything look like midday but that can ruin the atmosphere. I am with you on truly reflecting the twilight as seen, and often leaving dark shadow or silhouette creates more intrigue.

Helpful

derek897

Link Posted 29/12/2018 - 12:33
In the last 2, which are 10 shot pano's the sun has dropped behind the central mountain top, so as you'd expect all the foreground is or was nearly black, to me it looks unnatural to lift the foreground too much as it couldn't be naturally lit, I know it all depends on ones own taste, and it's great to get the feedback.
I might 're edit and see what I get. 👍👍👍

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 29/12/2018 - 23:39
Really fine set again Derek... very much like the feel of them all as a group... the second one actually had me thinking that the clouds were water, on first viewing...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Helpful

davidtrout

Link Posted 01/01/2019 - 14:37
Dark and moody is good, I really like the atmosphere of these. But as some others have said a slight lift in the exposure of selected areas, not the whole picture, would improve these excellent shots.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

Helpful

derek897

Link Posted 06/01/2019 - 08:27
A re edit of the first one

IMGP1925edsmreedsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Nigelk

Link Posted 06/01/2019 - 08:51
A dark and moody/broody set. I think your reedit of No.1 works a treat, just that subtle lift to the dark shadows.

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.