A few from the garden this morning.

vic cross

Link Posted 02/06/2019 - 15:04

These are just as shot in the garden this AM. the big red poppy is 10 inches across and 5 feet high.

Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 02/06/2019 - 16:55
Nicely done, sir! Love the yellow rose - light and composition just right. Can't see any black spot or greenfly on it either.

What's the second flower? It looks rather exotic.

Steve

LennyBloke

Link Posted 02/06/2019 - 17:52
Agree with Steve - the Yellow Rose is spot on - thanks for sharing
LennyBloke

vic cross

Link Posted 03/06/2019 - 07:52
Steve. It's a Peony. They are not the standard type. they are on long stems and less bushy than the normal ones as per Number one.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 03/06/2019 - 10:07
Wow, that second one's a peony! Never seen one like that before. It's a lovely flower.

Must be careful what you do with peonies. Many years ago, an expert on Gardeners' Question Time said he had received a letter from a listener saying "Last year I moved a peony from my back garden to front garden. Following your advice last week that peonies don't like being moved, I have now returned it to the back garden...."

Steve

vic cross

Link Posted 03/06/2019 - 12:02
As a gardener once said."I think the answer lies in the soil". We also have a "Tree Peony" (Flowers been and gone this year already) They grow and spread like weeds in our garden. As to them not liking to be moved. Our first one (A small piece of root) came from an aunts garden in Birmingham in the early 70's. that stayed with us 'til we moved house in 78. It then came with us and has been split and moved I don't know how many times and when soil has been moved there has been bits of root in it and hey presto up comes a new Peony plant.
CHEERS Vic.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.