Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

A Fantastic Date for your Diary - Support Appreciated

davidstorm
Posted 13/05/2013 - 22:51 Link
Later this year, on 21st September, I will be on photographic duties covering a vibrant local Music & Dance Festival in support of local bands, local businesses and good causes in general. A good mate of mine (Steve Madin) is putting a huge amount of effort into organising the event - 'T-fest 2013'.

Click here for more info: link

The day starts with a cycle race in the centre of the village and rocks on with live music and dance in various venues around the place - in most of the pubs and an outdoor headline event on the Cricket Field.

This is a great opportunity for us Pentaxians to get together and show some support for good causes, as well as having a great day out! I'll be there all day and I hope you can join me - bring your family and friends too! It all takes place in Tickhill, a lovely old Village near to Doncaster in South Yorkshire.

Here are a few taster images I snapped at the launch party last Friday in Doncaster - not too harsh on the CC please as I'm a complete novice at these shots. I think all are 3200 ISO, with either K-5 or K-5IIs.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

All the best
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Edited by davidstorm: 13/05/2013 - 23:08
puma
Posted 14/05/2013 - 08:00 Link
Hi David i will be there i think this is a great opportunity to get some fantastic shots and those who take street photography well here you are on a plate for you all.
But the Best of it all is its all for a very good cause so come on make the move and let David Know.

shaun

oh PS

your photos are ok LOL
PPG link
Edited by puma: 14/05/2013 - 08:01
fritzthedog
Posted 14/05/2013 - 08:21 Link
Hi David - looks like a fun day and one that I will certainly go to - so long as you remind me nearer the time!!!!!!

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
AndrewA
Posted 14/05/2013 - 08:21 Link
Sounds like a great day, count me in too David!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
davidstorm
Posted 14/05/2013 - 19:16 Link
Thanks already to Shaun, Carl and Andrew for the response on this thread I'll continue to post updates nearer the time; it would be really fantastic to get a large group of Pentaxians there on the day, with friends and family too. We need as much support as we can get and if anyone can make it I'm certain they will have a great day out.

Cheers
David
Flickr

Edited by davidstorm: 14/05/2013 - 19:17
RayB
Posted 16/06/2013 - 18:11 Link
I do quite a lot of band work and would love to be there for the "Great Day Out" but being this far south, it's a bit of a schlep. I hope it all goes well and that the causes benefit accordingly.
davidstorm
Posted 16/06/2013 - 18:14 Link
RayB wrote:
I do quite a lot of band work and would love to be there for the "Great Day Out" but being this far south, it's a bit of a schlep. I hope it all goes well and that the causes benefit accordingly.

Cheers Ray, I hope it goes well too. I will post a few more updates nearer the time and hope to get a good few Pentaxians there on the day. By the way, it's a full day out 11am to 11pm, tickets are £15 per head - great value I think. Take a look at the line-up:

link

I've booked one of the performers (James Taplin) for my 25th Wedding Anniversary do so I have a lot of faith in him and I know there are some quality acts among the other performers.

Best regards
David
Flickr

Edited by davidstorm: 16/06/2013 - 18:16
Pentaxophile
Posted 16/06/2013 - 20:13 Link
Thanks for posting, David. I'll try and make it too!
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
davidstorm
Posted 04/07/2013 - 22:16 Link
Hi everyone, hope you are all gearing up for the hot weather this coming weekend!

Just a quick reminder about a great photography event that I mentioned a couple of months ago. 'T-Fest' is a music festival to be held in the quaint Yorkshire village of Tickhill on September 21st, link below:

link

As mentioned earlier, we would love to see a whole load of Pentaxians there on the day, with families too! Tickets are only £15 each for the full day and can be purchased from the T-fest website.

Thanks in advance!!

Best wishes
David
Flickr

davidstorm
Posted 28/08/2013 - 21:32 Link
Hello everyone, this is the second last reminder for a great day out for any lovers of live music and dance on Saturday 21st September! Mark this date in your diaries and don't forget!

Visit the T-fest website link to buy your tickets; only £15 per adult for a full day's entertainment! Live music, live dance and much more across 11 venues in the quaint and historic South Yorkshire village of Tickhill, with around 80 acts already booked. It's all in aid of supporting local people, local businesses and the community in general so it is a good cause.

Pentaxians, their cameras and their families are welcomed - come and join the party with myself, Shaun Wilson, AndrewA, Carl (fritzthedog) and hopefully many more. As mentioned above, I'm doing some of the photography for the event and any assistance from our talented fellow members would be appreciated, in a casual or official capacity!

If anyone wants more information please pm me, or alternatively visit the t-fest website via the link above.

Sincere thanks in advance of your support.

Best wishes
David
Flickr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.