A Classic K in the Garden

LennyBloke

Link Posted 29/04/2021 - 20:29
Spent a few minutes in the back garden using the Pentax K 30mm f2.8 this afternoon - It's a lens I've tentatively put up for sale as I have too many lenses around that focal length, plus I haven't used it for a while. But I'm not so sure now - it's such a pleasure to use, with its close focus capability and beautiful "look" when used at wider apertures. None of these are exceptional photos but they show off the lens capabilities and the garden it's worth clicking on some for the bigger image....

1. Bottom of the garden

2. Dwarf French Beans

3. Raised beds and Greenhouse

4. Clematis and Hazel

5. Shed and Greenhouse

6. Acer in the greenhouse

7. Apple Blossom crop

8. Iris

LennyBloke

womble

Link Posted 29/04/2021 - 21:29
I have a lot of other lenses I would get rid of first before the 30mm. My 3 lens film set-up is usually the K30/2.8, the K50/1.2, and the M100/2.8.

My bench image that won a prize in the Jan AW comp was taken on the 30. The Lomochrome purple version of the same photo got an honourable mention this evening.

K.

PS Lovely set!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

pschlute

Link Posted 29/04/2021 - 21:47
Love the greenhouse !
Peter

My Flickr page

davidwozhere

Link Posted 30/04/2021 - 01:02
That's the trouble with 'giving them an outing'. You suddenly like them again. That's why I have so many of the blessed things!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

bjolester

Link Posted 30/04/2021 - 06:17
Very nice set. I especially like the first image and the two last ones.

The SMC-K 30/2.8 is really a jewel of a lens. Luckily I already have two copies
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.