A 50 year old "standard" lens plus an extension tube

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/02/2020 - 12:39
Thought I'd try out the Super-Takumar 50mm f1.4 with some extension tubes before continuing the lens clear-out, it's known for its Sharpness and Bokeh - so I thought adding tubes and some backlight might be fun...

All shot wide open (I believe) - to retain the rounded OOF highlights and minimise the DOF

C&C welcome - but they are just a bit of fun really
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/02/2020 - 16:03
and another...

LennyBloke

pschlute

Link Posted 26/02/2020 - 23:06
There is certainly some smooth bokeh action here, but I am not sure the extension tube set-up works for me.
Peter

My Flickr page

Lubbyman

Link Posted 27/02/2020 - 09:40
It works for me. But then I've always liked impressionism in both music and art, which I know isn't everyone's cup of tea.

If this is "just a bit of fun", I'm looking forward to seeing some serious art with this lens and tubes.

Steve

LennyBloke

Link Posted 27/02/2020 - 16:26
Thanks for the comments Guys - it's always worth experimenting with combinations in ways you wouldn't traditionally expect, a standard lens with a tube is usually for Macro - but these are more about filling the frame with a smallish subject and bringing out the Bokeh qualities the lens is known for.

LennyBloke

Sry

Link Posted 28/02/2020 - 11:07
I love this sort of setup - ideal for abstract-yet-recognisable renderings of our surrounding objects/plants etc... 1, 2 and 5 here are interesting for their bold lines and curves basking in bokeh. 3 and 4 have a more ethereal quality to them, allowing a meditative intake of the colour shifts. As Steve above, I'd love to see more!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.