Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax K-7 meet, Sunday 14th June - Wiltshire!

Unlocker
Posted 13/06/2009 - 21:35 Link
Battery is on charge, see you all tomorrow!
Unlocker
Posted 14/06/2009 - 12:46 Link
Just to let you know, we are here but the phone signal is terrible!
RichardDay
Posted 14/06/2009 - 19:06 Link
Met up with Steve and Danny at Laycock today. Some quick shots

Danny had secured a shady location in the Red Lion's garden!

Comment Image

Steve decides to test the K-7 on the longest tele-zoom Pentax ever made, the K 135-600 f6.7! link

Comment Image

They check the image and decide that using Live View is the best way to focus the beast!

Comment Image

Steve decides he just has to have one. Another deposit for Chris at SRS!

Comment Image

I'll let them post images from the K-7, I didn't take any shots myself (I didn't want to be tempted!).

A comment on the video mode - Even though it was very low on my priorities (at the bottom actually), I will say the video is really first class and it has risen to being high in the top ten of it's impressive features.

I believe that this camera is not only a huge step forward for Pentax, I really think it will be one of the finest and most desirable DSLR's on the market. Properly marketed it will make a dramatic leap in the brands' image and popularity, especially if they bring out an equally competent model between it and the K-m (due later this year, I believe)

Pity I can't afford one having blown my annual budget on the DA*60-250!
Best regards
Richard Day

Profile - link - (click on About for equipment profile) - My Flickr site - link
hefty1
Posted 14/06/2009 - 20:33 Link
RichardDay wrote:

Just change your tax year so it ends in June - problem solved!
Joining the Q
RichardDay
Posted 15/06/2009 - 16:28 Link
hefty1 wrote:
RichardDay wrote:

Just change your tax year so it ends in June - problem solved!

I should be so lucky!

I shall wait until the K-7 has been around for a while and maybe I will get one next year when it's being discounted for it's replacement, just as I did for the K20D!

To be really honest, I don't "need" the many benefits that the K-7 brings to the table. I never shoot continuous and I don't need LV or movie, not that it wouldn't be nice to have. The quieter shutter appeals as well.

The K20D is still beyond my needs or skill level.
Best regards
Richard Day

Profile - link - (click on About for equipment profile) - My Flickr site - link
Edited by RichardDay: 15/06/2009 - 16:29
hefty1
Posted 15/06/2009 - 16:50 Link
I don't "need" one either, but after playing with one at SRS it's made itself a little nest in my mind and keeps squawking, "Buy me! Buy me!"
Joining the Q
Unlocker
Posted 15/06/2009 - 16:52 Link
Looking at those photos reminds me I really need to lose some weight!

Had a great day yesterday, fantastic venue, beautiful weather and it was great to put some faces to names! Just a shame that by the time we got home, had a stinking headache, put my head down for an hour and woke up 12 hours later! Think this K-7 testing lark is wearing me out!

Part of me is now wishing I hadn't got this for testing, as I just have to have one! By the time I add a grip I'm looking at £1400! Saving is going well though, I'm at £900, but I may just have to let the K20 go, or pass that down to Fiona and see what we can get for a K10D GP!

Like others, I don't need it but it is just going to be too damned hard trying to go backwards from here! It's just too exciting and too damned good. It may be £200 less by Christmas, maybe not, but I'll get more than £200 enjoyment out of it between now and then, especially now that we have National Trust membership!

Will post some pictures tomorrow, as I'm just having a nightmare day at work!

PS thanks for bringing the kit along Steve, that was good fun, and I learned a bit especially with regards to the 1.7x adaptor!
Mike-P
Posted 15/06/2009 - 17:55 Link
Unlocker wrote:

Part of me is now wishing I hadn't got this for testing, as I just have to have one! By the time I add a grip I'm looking at £1400! Saving is going well though, I'm at £900, but I may just have to let the K20 go, or pass that down to Fiona and see what we can get for a K10D GP!

Well in the last few weeks I have sold my Pentax 12-24mm,Sigma 15-30mm, Sigma 135-400mm, Pentax M 50mm f4 macro, Pentax 16-45mm, Pentax F 50mm f1.7 and Pentax AF360 flash. I now just about have enough for the K-7 but need to offload something else for the grip but I am struggling to find something I don't mind getting rid of.
Edited by Mike-P: 15/06/2009 - 17:56
Gwyn
Posted 15/06/2009 - 19:18 Link
You could always ask for the Grip for father's day/birthday/Christmas Mike! It's probably not essential to get it immediately.
loskeran
Posted 15/06/2009 - 19:19 Link
Unlocker wrote:
Looking at those photos reminds me I really need to lose some weight!

Had a great day yesterday, fantastic venue, beautiful weather and it was great to put some faces to names! Just a shame that by the time we got home, had a stinking headache, put my head down for an hour and woke up 12 hours later! Think this K-7 testing lark is wearing me out!

Like others, I don't need it but it is just going to be too damned hard trying to go backwards from here! It's just too exciting and too damned good. It may be £200 less by Christmas, maybe not, but I'll get more than £200 enjoyment out of it between now and then, especially now that we have National Trust membership!

Will post some pictures tomorrow, as I'm just having a nightmare day at work!

PS thanks for bringing the kit along Steve, that was good fun, and I learned a bit especially with regards to the 1.7x adaptor!

Well I think Pentax should give you the camera, the amount of work you have put in doing a superb "selling" job, making most of us on the forum wanting one.
So Pentax let the man keep it, "You know he's worth it"
Unlocker
Posted 16/06/2009 - 08:52 Link
loskeran wrote:

Well I think Pentax should give you the camera, the amount of work you have put in doing a superb "selling" job, making most of us on the forum wanting one.
So Pentax let the man keep it, "You know he's worth it"

Thanks, you're making me blush!

These are for Hefty, not sure if they are good enough, but these were took with, IIRC, a M 50 1.4, in AV mode. Just whacked it on and fired away.

Comment Image

Comment Image
hefty1
Posted 16/06/2009 - 09:11 Link
Unlocker wrote:

These are for Hefty, not sure if they are good enough, but these were took with, IIRC, a M 50 1.4, in AV mode. Just whacked it on and fired away.

If those were taken wide open then it looks like the K-7's done an excellent job of metering

Did you try the M50 in video mode too?
Joining the Q
Unlocker
Posted 16/06/2009 - 10:10 Link
Think they were 2.8?

Didn't try the video with the 50, but we did with the K 135-600mm!

PS, I'm sure I can hear the camera calling out for you!
Edited by Unlocker: 16/06/2009 - 10:12
Mannesty
Posted 16/06/2009 - 11:31 Link
Unlocker wrote:
Didn't try the video with the 50, but we did with the K 135-600mm

Is that the 135-600mm from SRS, my old one?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Unlocker
Posted 16/06/2009 - 11:35 Link
Nope, that's still there!

This one looked absolutely mint, even the box didn't seem to have a mark on it!

Not used to this manual focus malarkey, but took this with it!

Comment Image

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.