7 Day Shop - 5x pack of Sandisk Ultra SD Class 10 UHS-I 80MB/scards for 24.50


jeallen01

Link Posted 09/05/2019 - 10:13
https://www.7dayshop.com/products/sandisk-ultra-sdhc-sd-memory-card-class-10-uhs...
These are 32GB cards.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 with the Hacked K-50 f/w to being a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 09/05/2019 - 10:13

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 09/05/2019 - 10:58
I have to say that's an excellent price, though I mainly use 64gb cards these days. Note that despite the headline numbers, the 80MB/s Sandisk cards perform notably worse (in terms of speed) than the 90MB/s ones.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

jeallen01

Link Posted 09/05/2019 - 13:01
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I have to say that's an excellent price, though I mainly use 64gb cards these days. Note that despite the headline numbers, the 80MB/s Sandisk cards perform notably worse (in terms of speed) than the 90MB/s ones.

From what I have read, I agree with you about the speed issue - but if someone doesn't need cards with a very high writing rate then that's a good buy.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 with the Hacked K-50 f/w to being a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Defragged

Link Posted 09/05/2019 - 14:15
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I have to say that's an excellent price, though I mainly use 64gb cards these days. Note that despite the headline numbers, the 80MB/s Sandisk cards perform notably worse (in terms of speed) than the 90MB/s ones.

66gb cards are also on offer: https://www.7dayshop.com/products/sandisk-mobile-ultra-micro-sd-sdxc-memory-card...
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

jeallen01

Link Posted 09/05/2019 - 15:32
Defragged wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="Jonathan-Mac"]....
66gb cards are also on offer: https://www.7dayshop.com/products/sandisk-mobile-ultra-micro-sd-sdxc-memory-card...

I'm not a fan of using microSD cards in SD adapters because that means two more sets of contacts (on the adapters) to get loose, corroded, damaged or otherwise partially/totally non-functional, and thus jeapardising reliability.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 with the Hacked K-50 f/w to being a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 09/05/2019 - 15:36

cbrog

Link Posted 09/05/2019 - 16:00
A bargain indeed but note that although payment by PayPal is offered - their site does not respond to that option. If you buy from their ebay site it will cost you an additional 5.40...


postscript: In the end I gave up - the site kept saying I was ordering 3 at at a cost of 70 +.
Last Edited by cbrog on 09/05/2019 - 16:11

Defragged

Link Posted 09/05/2019 - 22:13
jeallen01 wrote:
Defragged wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="Jonathan-Mac"]....
66gb cards are also on offer: https://www.7dayshop.com/products/sandisk-mobile-ultra-micro-sd-sdxc-memory-card...

I'm not a fan of using microSD cards in SD adapters because that means two more sets of contacts (on the adapters) to get loose, corroded, damaged or otherwise partially/totally non-functional, and thus jeapardising reliability.

I take your point but personally speaking I've never experienced any issues with micro sd cards and I've used enough of them.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Defragged

Link Posted 09/05/2019 - 22:16
cbrog wrote:
A bargain indeed but note that although payment by PayPal is offered - their site does not respond to that option. If you buy from their ebay site it will cost you an additional 5.40...


postscript: In the end I gave up - the site kept saying I was ordering 3 at at a cost of 70 +.

I had a similar issue but I found that once I had logged into 7dayshop the paypal option worked just fine.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 14/05/2019 - 00:22
and I remember when the price of cards came down and we celebrated the fact that 1GB came under 100 at last, so in the space of 16-17 years, these cards are approx 0.1% less than of what you would've paid then...
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.