2nd Body
Posted 20/07/2012 - 08:36
Link
I have always tried to make the second body the same as the first. For yourself, that would suggest another K-r.
That way, there are identical controls, so no confusion, identical batteries and other accessories. If you have two different types of body you may well prefer one to the other and consequently that will be used allo the time. The second one could become relatively redundant.
New K-r cameras can still be found. Perhapd SRS still have some purple ones left!
That way, there are identical controls, so no confusion, identical batteries and other accessories. If you have two different types of body you may well prefer one to the other and consequently that will be used allo the time. The second one could become relatively redundant.
New K-r cameras can still be found. Perhapd SRS still have some purple ones left!
Best regards, John
Posted 20/07/2012 - 09:14
Link
johnriley wrote:
I have always tried to make the second body the same as the first. For yourself, that would suggest another K-r.
I agree with the above, but I had a K20D, bought a K5 and kept the K20 as a second body but as soon as I could afford it (and the price dropped )I bought a second K5.I have always tried to make the second body the same as the first. For yourself, that would suggest another K-r.
If I was you I would buy the K5 they are great. But then I have not tried the K30 or K-R.
Bill
K5+Bigma+BushHawk Shoulderpod.
K5+16-50DA* + 10-17DA Fisheye + 50-135DA* + Sigma 70mm Macro + DA35 2.4..
Slik Pro 700DX tripod.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixellie/
K5+Bigma+BushHawk Shoulderpod.
K5+16-50DA* + 10-17DA Fisheye + 50-135DA* + Sigma 70mm Macro + DA35 2.4..
Slik Pro 700DX tripod.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixellie/
Posted 20/07/2012 - 09:20
Link
As Bill highlights really, if upgrading is the objective of course we have to move onwards and upwards. If the purpose was to do this, then a K-5 for general use, plus hanging on to the K-r for a while as a spare just in case, is an alternative plan.
I say the K-5 as the price is very keen again just now and this is the best time to buy it new.
Whatever advice we give, it all depends on the game plan of the OP.
I say the K-5 as the price is very keen again just now and this is the best time to buy it new.
Whatever advice we give, it all depends on the game plan of the OP.
Best regards, John
Posted 20/07/2012 - 09:31
Link
johnriley wrote:
I have always tried to make the second body the same as the first. For yourself, that would suggest another K-r.
That way, there are identical controls, so no confusion, identical batteries and other accessories. If you have two different types of body you may well prefer one to the other and consequently that will be used allo the time. The second one could become relatively redundant.
New K-r cameras can still be found. Perhapd SRS still have some purple ones left!
I have always tried to make the second body the same as the first. For yourself, that would suggest another K-r.
That way, there are identical controls, so no confusion, identical batteries and other accessories. If you have two different types of body you may well prefer one to the other and consequently that will be used allo the time. The second one could become relatively redundant.
New K-r cameras can still be found. Perhapd SRS still have some purple ones left!
johnriley wrote:
As Bill highlights really, if upgrading is the objective of course we have to move onwards and upwards. If the purpose was to do this, then a K-5 for general use, plus hanging on to the K-r for a while as a spare just in case, is an alternative plan.
I say the K-5 as the price is very keen again just now and this is the best time to buy it new.
Whatever advice we give, it all depends on the game plan of the OP.
Firmly agree with all that, if you can, have two the same, I can't stress that enough! I've got that one wrong more than once, when I used to shoot Motorcycle road racing on a regular basis with a D3 and a D300/700,As Bill highlights really, if upgrading is the objective of course we have to move onwards and upwards. If the purpose was to do this, then a K-5 for general use, plus hanging on to the K-r for a while as a spare just in case, is an alternative plan.
I say the K-5 as the price is very keen again just now and this is the best time to buy it new.
Whatever advice we give, it all depends on the game plan of the OP.
Confusion reigned
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 20/07/2012 - 11:50
Link
Whilst there is certainly logic in the above replies. I would add that it can depend on your reason for wanting a second body.
In my case I currently have a K5 and a Kr. I do not have the Kr as a back up in case of problems with the K5 - nor do I have it because it is easier to have 2 bodies and 2 lenses rather than swapping lenses.
I have the Kr as my second body because it is smaller, lighter and easier to use (i.e. has more automatic modes. So I use the Kr when I want to travel light or when I may be in situations where I find it easier to be lazy - e.g. days out with the kids or in situations where I feel more comfortable using a cheaper body.
Horses for courses.
Carl
In my case I currently have a K5 and a Kr. I do not have the Kr as a back up in case of problems with the K5 - nor do I have it because it is easier to have 2 bodies and 2 lenses rather than swapping lenses.
I have the Kr as my second body because it is smaller, lighter and easier to use (i.e. has more automatic modes. So I use the Kr when I want to travel light or when I may be in situations where I find it easier to be lazy - e.g. days out with the kids or in situations where I feel more comfortable using a cheaper body.
Horses for courses.
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 20/07/2012 - 12:04
Link
fritzthedog wrote:
Whilst there is certainly logic in the above replies. I would add that it can depend on your reason for wanting a second body.
In my case I currently have a K5 and a Kr. I do not have the Kr as a back up in case of problems with the K5 - nor do I have it because it is easier to have 2 bodies and 2 lenses rather than swapping lenses.
I have the Kr as my second body because it is smaller, lighter and easier to use (i.e. has more automatic modes. So I use the Kr when I want to travel light or when I may be in situations where I find it easier to be lazy - e.g. days out with the kids or in situations where I feel more comfortable using a cheaper body.
Horses for courses.
Carl
I nearly posted that as an addendum to my post!Whilst there is certainly logic in the above replies. I would add that it can depend on your reason for wanting a second body.
In my case I currently have a K5 and a Kr. I do not have the Kr as a back up in case of problems with the K5 - nor do I have it because it is easier to have 2 bodies and 2 lenses rather than swapping lenses.
I have the Kr as my second body because it is smaller, lighter and easier to use (i.e. has more automatic modes. So I use the Kr when I want to travel light or when I may be in situations where I find it easier to be lazy - e.g. days out with the kids or in situations where I feel more comfortable using a cheaper body.
Horses for courses.
Carl
As thats my plan to have a K3 or whatever eventually for my longer lenses and all the zooms and a K5 for use in a small bag with just a few lenses for travel and going light...
Long way from being able to afford all that kit again at the moment, next target is tha DA* 300 again! wish I'd never sold that un!
As you say, it depends on your usage and how much you trust your main body and how vital it is to get the shot there and then...
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 20/07/2012 - 12:53
Link
Paid a visit to Comet in Broadstairs this morning.
They are selling KR for £249.99! A sure bargain for this fine camers!
They are selling KR for £249.99! A sure bargain for this fine camers!
Posted 20/07/2012 - 13:56
Link
Photoaddict wrote:
Paid a visit to Comet in Broadstairs this morning.
They are selling KR for £249.99! A sure bargain for this fine camers!
Thats insane!Paid a visit to Comet in Broadstairs this morning.
They are selling KR for £249.99! A sure bargain for this fine camers!
Helluva a closeout...
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 20/07/2012 - 14:32
Link
Did you buy them out lol.......
K5's (2)both gripped, K10d gripped, Pentax 28-90 f3.5, Sigma 18-250mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Sigma 10-20 f.4-5.6.EX DC, Hoya 135 f2.8, Take on 28mm f2.8 Pentax AF360 flash, 2 fill in slaves. 30 metre remote release, Rt angle viewfinder, Giotto NOT 3261B Tripod with Manfrotto 808Rd4 ball head, Manfroto 4861RC2 monopoly, shoulder stock, various filters etc, Panasonic SET HBS HD Video cam, Tamrac Explorer 8x backpack and a sore back.....
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......
Paul
:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......
Paul
:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
Posted 20/07/2012 - 19:45
Link
Photoaddict wrote:
Paid a visit to Comet in Broadstairs this morning.
They are selling KR for £249.99! A sure bargain for this fine camers!
Paid a visit to Comet in Broadstairs this morning.
They are selling KR for £249.99! A sure bargain for this fine camers!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


9 posts
14 years
Saltford