Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

22nd-23rd Aug - Shoreham Airshow anyone?

jeallen01
Posted 16/08/2015 - 23:02 Link
Off there next weekend but not sure which day - anyone else likely to be coming along?
(come on, nobody responded about last weekend's Eastbourne show, but surely someone will be going to Shoreham this weekend as the display line-up is about as good as for Duxford- and XH558 will be now there on both days!)
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
actech12
Posted 17/08/2015 - 19:51 Link
jeallen01 wrote:
Off there next weekend but not sure which day - anyone else likely to be coming along?
(come on, nobody responded about last weekend's Eastbourne show, but surely someone will be going to Shoreham this weekend as the display line-up is about as good as for Duxford- and XH558 will be now there on both days!)

I shall be going, not sure which day yet as I think the missus wants to take the grandchildren.
Dave
Always blame the equipment!!!!
ilovesaabs
Posted 17/08/2015 - 19:51 Link
Probably Sunday for me
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
actech12
Posted 18/08/2015 - 15:03 Link
actech12 wrote:
jeallen01 wrote:

I shall be going, not sure which day yet as I think the missus wants to take the grandchildren.
Dave

Looks like Sunday, I told the missus she could see both Vulcan and Typhoon that day.

Dave
alfpics
Posted 18/08/2015 - 15:52 Link
Sorry guys - although local, I won't be able to make it
Andy
jeallen01
Posted 18/08/2015 - 23:24 Link
Looking at the Weather Channel just now, it looks like Saturday might be the best day as there seems to be a 50% chance of rain on Sunday afternoon!

PS: my Virgin broadband is definitely playing up at the moment (Tuesday @23.23) so may not get an indication of new posts on this forum until late on Wednesday!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
actech12
Posted 19/08/2015 - 19:40 Link
jeallen01 wrote:
Looking at the Weather Channel just now, it looks like Saturday might be the best day as there seems to be a 50% chance of rain on Sunday afternoon!

PS: my Virgin broadband is definitely playing up at the moment (Tuesday @23.23) so may not get an indication of new posts on this forum until late on Wednesday!

The latest weather forecast isn't that promising for either day. It's not much fun stood about in the rain for half the day even if the camera is reasonably waterproofed. Factor in that a lot of the display will be cancelled if it is poor weather, anyway, so perhaps I and other locals can post here the night before what the forecast says so that members can decide for themselves whether to change days or cancel. There's always Dunsfold the following week.

Dave
jeallen01
Posted 19/08/2015 - 21:04 Link
The Weather Channel seems to say that Saturday will be OK during the day but wet at night.
actech12
Posted 20/08/2015 - 07:17 Link
jeallen01 wrote:
The Weather Channel seems to say that Saturday will be OK during the day but wet at night.

You're right. The forecast is improving and Saturday looks like a good day, but it is only a forecast and the locals may have the edge on it Friday night if it's any help. I'm leaning toward Saturday myself, now.
Dave
ilovesaabs
Posted 21/08/2015 - 10:01 Link
Mmm Saturday more promising

Will be there with at least the K-3 + Sig 150-500, not sure whether to bring D7100 or K-5 as 2nd body
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
ilovesaabs
Posted 21/08/2015 - 11:34 Link
Definitely Saturday unless some idiot blocks the A24. Was hoping to go and see the Thames Barge Race but we were gazumped to our boat by fishermen

I will certainly be in Shoreham with my K-3 (look for the knackered mode dial - I only ever shoot in Av) plus the big Sigma - still undecided about the 2nd body. No prizes for guessing what I'll turn up in.

Hopefully see more South east based PUs there.
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
jeallen01
Posted 21/08/2015 - 12:03 Link
Afternoon.
Saturday definitely for us as well - I'll be bringing the K-3, the K-5 as backup, and hopefully the 100-300 Sigma which I will (again, hopefully!) be picking up from Sigma Imaging this afternoon now that it has had the board replaced to fix the back-focus problem (got to take the K-3 to them for them to check it with that body)!

Not arriving in a S*** but a Skoda Octavia estate (funny thing, the guy I bought it off had just bought a S*** estate because he liked them - not sure why but he apparently wanted the leather upholstery !).
actech12
Posted 22/08/2015 - 02:20 Link
A very late post but I guess Saturday it is! Not long in from 10cc and beer! The hard bit will be getting up in the morning!
Algernon
Posted 22/08/2015 - 09:48 Link
We are all looking forward to going
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Mike-P
Posted 22/08/2015 - 11:11 Link
Well I'm off to Bournemouth this afternoon. K-5IIs and 55-300mm HD.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.