20% Pentax customer discount on Adobe CC Photography plan

PygmyTwittle

Link Posted 06/12/2016 - 20:40
Use this link:
www.adobe.com/go/PentaxDSLR

Note that it doesn't work if you just type the URL into your browser!
This might amuse you:

Hi, may I have your first name please?

Derek

Hello Derek
Nice to have you on chat. How may I help you with the purchase today?

I have just bought a Pentax K1. It has a card with a promo - go to www.adobe.com/go/PentaxDSLR to get 20% off Adobe CC Photo plan.
The link doesn't work.
How do I get the discount?

Did you find this in your email?

No, it is printed on a card which was in the box with the camera.

You can then click on "Buy Now".
As it is not online offer so we are not able to help you in placing the order

It is an online offer, it says 'access the link below' then states www.adobe.com/go/PentaxDSLR .
How could this be anything other than an online offer. How could I use a link other than online?

You can use the link to place the order

I think I told you at the start that the link doesn't work

Or else you can contact Pentax

It's a link on the Adobe website, not Pentax

I am sorry we are able to help you on this issue

Able or unable to help?

Sorry for the typo
I am unable to help you on this issue

go get some coffee

Simonmac

Link Posted 06/12/2016 - 20:49
I stopped using CC earlier this year.

I had two months left on the plan and a job loss and financial problems meant that I missed a payment.

Contacted Adobe a day after the due payment date apologising and offering to pay by debit card. I was told that this was not possible. I then offered to pay the remaining two months and was again told that this was not possible.

Their suggestion? Take out a new 12 month plan and contact them again as they may be able to help.

Cancelled there and then. Awful customer service.

Admittedly my fault initially.

Corel? Total opposite. I just missed out on an offer on an upgrade, contacted them, they offered the upgrade at a better price than the missed offer. No problem.
macmccreery.com
www.flickr.com/photos/simac/
www.500px.com/simac

PygmyTwittle

Link Posted 06/12/2016 - 21:14
That's pretty awful treatment. Talk about kick a man when he's down.
If I have problems with Adobe, I will certainly look at Corel.

I've been using Lightroom 3 for some time and in the main really like it - I stopped using Capture One.
Too many years editing/adjustments in LR. Over a barrel really.

alimid

Link Posted 06/12/2016 - 21:35
Link seems to work for me. Using Chrome on Windows 10
Pentax K-1, K-3,K-5,

royd63uk

Link Posted 06/12/2016 - 22:10
worked for me too but have you seen the start and end dates !!!!
regards
Roy

Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/

my pbase gallery

RobL

Link Posted 06/12/2016 - 22:14
Simonmac wrote:
I stopped using CC earlier this year.

I had two months left on the plan and a job loss and financial problems meant that I missed a payment.

Contacted Adobe a day after the due payment date apologising and offering to pay by debit card. I was told that this was not possible. I then offered to pay the remaining two months and was again told that this was not possible.

Their suggestion? Take out a new 12 month plan and contact them again as they may be able to help.

Cancelled there and then. Awful customer service.

Admittedly my fault initially.

Corel? Total opposite. I just missed out on an offer on an upgrade, contacted them, they offered the upgrade at a better price than the missed offer. No problem.

Precisely why I refuse to use software available only on subscription, you are a hostage to their whims, charges and company stability. Much better to stay autonomous and if possible buy one-off and get hard copy versions for back-up. Miss out on updates unless they can be bought but generally I can live without them.

cabstar

Link Posted 07/12/2016 - 23:03
These offers are always for new customers too
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

pschlute

Link Posted 08/12/2016 - 00:58
"Computer says no"
Peter

My Flickr page

Nutter

Link Posted 09/12/2016 - 12:21
Well, it seems to work for me (Chrome browser), in that I get to the offer page at 6.85 pm, but can't say anymore than that as like others, I do't really like the idea of "renting" access to the software, although it is quite a lot of software you get access to:

DESKTOP APPS

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC Digital photo processing and editing.
Adobe Photoshop CC Image editing and compositing.

MOBILE APPS AND SERVICES

Adobe Lightroom for mobile Edit, organize and share images anywhere.
Adobe Photoshop Fix Photoshop retouching for everyone.
Adobe Photoshop Mix Creative mobile image editing.
Spark Page Turn words and images into beautiful web stories in minutes. Formerly Adobe Slate.
Spark Post Create stunning social graphics in minutes. Formerly Adobe Post.
Spark Video Create compelling animated videos in minutes. Formerly Adobe Voice.
Adobe Portfolio Portfolio websites made easy.
Adobe Premiere Clip Video editing on the go.

And it does beat having to fork out a lumps sum to buy software upfront.....
Born again photographer! Pentax K-30 & kit lenses. Just what do all these buttons do......?

johnriley

Link Posted 09/12/2016 - 12:32
Not only that, but there is a constant stream of updates included.
Best regards, John

LennyBloke

Link Posted 09/12/2016 - 18:31
I can see both sides of the renting or outright purchase debate.

Renting gives you constant updates (as john has pointed out) - but over a period of years I suspect the cost could be significantly more (80 - 100 per year maybe), purchasing outright means you may be a bit behind the times with features but I suspect many of us would be happy to skip a full version or two, so the 100 for a full purchase may only be once every two or three years. Until now you've been able to upgrade some products to the next version for around 50% of the full price.

I'm looking at his from the LightRoom only perspective, I've never felt the 'need' for Photoshop so although on paper the CC package is great value for money, personally it's massive overkill.

Just my opinion
LennyBloke

cabstar

Link Posted 09/12/2016 - 19:07
Adobe photoshop fix on the iPad is an amazing app and worth the 10 a month on its own if you do any kind of portrait work.

For me it's a no brainer having paid vast sums for photoshop over the years I had to save a sum regularly ready for the next upgrade so the only difference is I am actually paying less a month than I had to save. As for buying the actual software that's fine until you change camera body and find your new body is not supported by your old software.

The only downside for me is as Lightroom gets more and more features I rarely use photoshop apart from content aware but it's still a great package.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.